Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRG Travelodge - SFO Airport North

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:44 am
Original Poster

BRG Travelodge - SFO Airport North

First of all, here are the TripAdvisor reviews.

Now, if you're still interested...www.reservetravel.com has an 'Internet Special' King rate of $40 that trumps TripRewards $42.

This works for just about any date I checked in September, at the very least. And if anyone finds a BRG at perhaps a classier Bay Area hotel, I wouldn't mind the tip!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
OK, I tried this for Dec. I think I followed the directions, made screen printouts, etc.

Then I get the email saying they can't confirm, despite the fact that it is still available. What gives? I submitted the rate quotes as pre-tax. Was I supposed to submit them post tax? Interestingly, for pre-tax the rates are $2.00 different, but after taxes and fees, it shrinks to $0.13! So I resubmitted the information with taxes included.

Any other ideas? I've read about BRG on that other site before, but until I actually see it work, I'll remain skeptical.

Last edited by hobo13; Aug 3, 2007 at 12:15 pm
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Update:

I got it to work eventually.

Thanks OP!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:07 pm

Please be assured that we have thoroughly reviewed your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the same room type you are booked into with Travelodge at the rates you are stating. You have booked a standard room with one king bed. The rate you are viewing on ReserveTravel.com is for a deluxe king room. Please review the Travelodge Guaranteed Best Available Rate at http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge...est_rate_terms. If you believe there is a discrepancy, please provide us with additional information. We will gladly research this inquiry further.

There's no way to way to determine a 'Deluxe King Room' from their website.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I just received my confirming e-mail
for free BRG stay on Dec 28th.
No problem at all with the claim process,
ties in with my return from AKL on CNZ fare.

now just to decide later
if I really will stay at this dump !
Well, $40 is $40 !!

Thanks OP !!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by DestinyVP
[I]

There's no way to way to determine a 'Deluxe King Room' from their website.
Based on the reviews, it seems that Deluxe could not possibly describe a room at the Travellodge SFO North!!!
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:37 pm

Fortunately it states on the actual booking page (where the Credit Card Info is entered) that this is a STANDARD room. I've shot back to Jessica with the info and screenshot and am looking forward to my trip to SFO.

UPDATE: Took from Friday to Tuesday, but finally got this approved.

Last edited by DestinyVP; Aug 7, 2007 at 12:18 pm Reason: BRG APPROVED
Old Aug 3, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Don't pick the deluxe room option. I booked the 2 Queen Non-smoking and it has the identical room type on both sites. This makes it easier to make a claim.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:39 pm

Don't you find Jessica L. to be a bit of a (insert colorful word here). She always seems to find problems with perfectly good BRG requests, but then usually always relents. Other than Brian T., she's my least favorite BRG person. Melissa H. is awesome, it's almost as if you can send her a totally different hotel room at a different chain, and she'll honor your Wingate request.

Jessica sounds nice on the phone, though! Maybe she's single! I should charm my way into those BRG fulfillments

Originally Posted by DestinyVP
Fortunately it states on the actual booking page (where the Credit Card Info is entered) that this is a STANDARD room. I've shot back to Jessica with the info and screenshot and am looking forward to my trip to SFO.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadtripman
Don't you find Jessica L. to be a bit of a (insert colorful word here). She always seems to find problems with perfectly good BRG requests, but then usually always relents. Other than Brian T., she's my least favorite BRG person. Melissa H. is awesome, it's almost as if you can send her a totally different hotel room at a different chain, and she'll honor your Wingate request.

Jessica sounds nice on the phone, though! Maybe she's single! I should charm my way into those BRG fulfillments
I've yet to encounter Melissa...but definitely look forward to it. Not sure if William is still around, but he has always been extremely sensible.

Anyway, glad this worked out for some of y'all. I elected to not book as I once had a Ramada Limited at PHX that was about at this level and totally not worth free! Definitely my only bad experience at a TripRewards hotel, though.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I couldn't get the $40 rate at reservetravel.com, but did find it at Travelocity. I made my reservations and submitted my claim. I'm hoping for the best!

EDITTED TO ADD: The BRG came through! Thanks OP!

Last edited by Sunnyhere; Aug 6, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.