Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake rate - Dream / Honeymoon Destination

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Mistake rate - Dream / Honeymoon Destination

You have to go to edited out commercial link, this Friday July 13 at exactly 10 PM (US Eastern Time).

I want to tell FT people in advance, to maximize the number of person who will want to book this.

I know... I know... I should not be posting this now... but this one is way too good not to be announced in advance.

Last edited by VPescado; Jul 13, 2007 at 11:01 am Reason: Removed commercial link.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:57 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
that's cute - ill check it out tomorrow
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:01 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Yowza! Is it Friday yet?!

Niagara Falls?

Thanks lemex.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:10 pm

Let's hope for Hawaii!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yeah

Originally Posted by roadtripman
Let's hope for Hawaii!
hawaii would be great.

or bora bora..

dp
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:20 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Tahiti? Bahamas?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:32 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by lemex
I know... I know... I should not be posting this now... but this one is way too good not to be announced in advance.
do you actually know what it is or are you just excited by what freetraveling says?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I wonder if this is good only for a specific night, or available throughout the year?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bassmanben
do you actually know what it is or are you just excited by what freetraveling says?
Isn't lemex the architect of URL deleted by moderator?

I hope this deal lives up to its hype. Perhaps more importantly, I hope that it is not corrected somehow between now and then. I'm not sure what the reason is for holding us all in suspense, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited by VPescado; Jul 13, 2007 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:46 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this post and others that have appeared recently are just advertisments for that site
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Interestingly, about 2 months ago there was quite a discussion on FT about the ethics of insiders sharing the UA AKL fare mistake with friends before posting it for general consumption. Some people got quite ruffled about the withholding of information violating the spirit of FT. In this case, it seems obvious that that is what is going on. Of course, as an external site, the creator is free to do with it has he/she wishes.

In other matters, has anyone ever gotten a deal off of that site? I've been there on the same day several deals got posted, have followed a few to the appropriate booking site, but have never seen one bookable (though it did appear that I got there just as one was drying up). Hearing some success stories might make me a little more excited about it.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:15 pm

I'll apply my comments from the thread linked below to this one as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553703

Mike
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nako
I'll apply my comments from the thread linked below to this one as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553703

Mike
Even better, maybe you should post the comment from bhatnasx, the moderator, who ultimately closed that thread. As he said at the time:

"No more mistake rate games - either post or don't post."
Old Jul 12, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
its bookable

well, all rates were bookable which lemex posted.

if you dont think its real, than dont try to book it, thats even better for us .

and if he says its execeptional it will be exceptional.

dp
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It may be a coincidence...but I have 'found' something that matches the description given above (dream destination at mistake price)...but when one clicks through--the 'mirage' disappears and the 'real world' prices magically appear. LeMex may be talking about something totally different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.