Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Westin Maui

I was just looking at www.biddingfortravel.com, and see people getting the Westin Maui in late June (Monday - Wednesday) for $125/night on Priceline. Rack rate is over $350+/night.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Wow, that's a good deal! June wuld be very hot and humid. Will check it out for Oct, just for the heck of it.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Somebody reported getting the property for $125 10/14-10/20
Old Jun 20, 2007, 3:25 pm

Hi yep I am ASCIENT on bidding fortravel, we are at the westin now. Upgraded to oceanview room at no charge. I love it!

I was gomike before but got banned by sheryl, hope she isnt reading this LOL

Last edited by gomike; Jun 20, 2007 at 3:34 pm
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT
Originally Posted by gomike
Hi yep I am ASCIENT on bidding fortravel, we are at the westin now. Upgraded to oceanview room at no charge. I love it!

I was gomike before but got banned by sheryl, hope she isnt reading this LOL
sheryl has been known to lurk on the FT travel bidding forum, so i'd be wary... at worst you could <gasp> be banned from BFT again and <gasp> have to change your BFT handle again.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:52 pm

Yeah its no big deal if she does. She just doesnt like me because I wont use her affiliate link. I prefer to get my 3% from fatwallet! which saved me like $12 more on that westin bid.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT
Yup. That'd get you banned. I've been banned twice for correcting misinformation posted by Sheryl herself.

Note to moderators: I apologize for drifting OT. My OTing ends here.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not so special. Sheraton Vacations has an ongoing offer of 5 nights + car at the Westin or Sheraton Maui for $799, including tax. If you do the math, that works out to @ $110-120 per night. Of course, you don't get any points for this stay, either, but you should get any applicable elite treatment (I have on prior visits) AND you get the flexibility to change dates, if necessary (subject to a change fee).
Old Jun 21, 2007, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by jaymar01
I was just looking at www.biddingfortravel.com, and see people getting the Westin Maui in late June (Monday - Wednesday) for $125/night on Priceline. Rack rate is over $350+/night.
Comparison with Rack rates is not very meaningful, though. Who ever pays Rack???

What is the LEAST EXPENSIVE otherwise available rate for this hotel? THAT is the comparison you should be making to demonstrate that something is truly a good rate! @:-)
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:10 am

Do you have a link for Sheraton Vacations & this offer? Many thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Airman Biggles
bump on this bad boy. i am interested, as well.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
bump on this bad boy. i am interested, as well.
The Shearton dates are very limited as I had checked before I booked with priceline.

$125 is a great deal for the westin as most people have bid upwards of $220 for Resort in this area.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Airman Biggles
There isn't a web link because the hotels don't want people who pay rack rate to get upset when they later discover what their neighbor paid.

Instead, to obtain these rates, you normally receive a paper invite by mail from Sheraton Vacations. I am not sure how we got on the list (we get them periodically) but I will edit this post to provide the toll-free contact # when I find it.

BTW, this is NOT a timeshare offer, you don't have to attend a presentation to qualify for the package rate. I think there is a thread running in the SPG forum which provides more info.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:40 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
You wouldn't earn points for a reservation made through priceline either, correct?
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by b8b
You wouldn't earn points for a reservation made through priceline either, correct?
Correct, although extremely rare mistakes have been known to happen.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.