Search

[RATE GONE] Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:19 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
no hotelrentalgroup, 123france, webtourist,tripadvisor
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
interestingly, both orbitz and expedia have no rooms available AT ALL for this hotel, which makes me wonder if there may have actually been a deal available at some point...
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Not love from Zuji either. Not that I was planning to go....but
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm...can't find anything either...

I'll leave this open for a little while, but will close it if we don't hear anything back from CPHBob...

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Hello sorry for the late reply...been to work the last 9 hours...
i found the fares through Kayak..it linked to some website i cant remember...but then i proceeded to Expedia where i booked a "few" days during summer/ and fall...
# Edit...No aprils fools here...this was/is the real deal...But bear in mind i found these rates around 24 hours ago...

Last edited by CPHBob; Feb 16, 2007 at 12:47 am
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:35 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Now @ $204 plus tax

Kayak to Novotel and flexible date search all summer shows the same rate.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ingy
Kayak to Novotel and flexible date search all summer shows the same rate.
Sorry to hear that...the rates showed up for me numerous times on 2 different engines(Reservetravel.Com(Link from Kayak)/Expedia.Com) during a few hours(the only 2 sites i checked) ... I even booked and paid a few nights through Expedia(Best Unrestricted Rate Standard 1 Double Bed Garden View Room Only(2.38 USD a day...))
Lesson learned, ill include linkage next time i stumple upon anything...
I first reported this find in "Budget travel"(Prices were still working at that time) -> "luxury hotels" -> Here ...

How do i mark this as a Rate gone?

Last edited by CPHBob; Feb 16, 2007 at 6:00 am
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by CPHBob
Sorry to hear that...the rates showed up for me numerous times on 2 different engines(Reservetravel.Com(Link from Kayak)/Expedia.Com) during a few hours(the only 2 sites i checked) ... I even booked and paid a few nights through Expedia(Best Unrestricted Rate Standard 1 Double Bed Garden View Room Only(2.38 USD a day...))
Lesson learned, ill include linkage next time i stumple upon anything...
I first reported this find in "Budget travel"(Prices were still working at that time) -> "luxury hotels" -> Here ...

How do i mark this as a Rate gone?
Flag your post and ask that rate gone title be changed. Thanks anyways.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Color me a skeptic. I'd actually be interested in seeing a screen shot of the receipt...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by chexfan
Color me a skeptic. I'd actually be interested in seeing a screen shot of the receipt...
Why? What would anyone gain from making up a great deal that no one can book? I have no doubts that this rate existed; many here have fond memories of previous XPF mishaps .
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by jpdx
many here have fond memories of previous XPF mishaps .
That's the first I thought of when I saw the thread title!

I second the opinion - what could be gained from posting an incorrect deal?

Unless the OP is a Novotel troll trying to drum up attention for this property.

But I doubt it.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by notsosmart
That's the first I thought of when I saw the thread title!

I second the opinion - what could be gained from posting an incorrect deal?

Unless the OP is a Novotel troll trying to drum up attention for this property.

But I doubt it.

Did he really find a rate? I tried some research on Kayak 24 hrs ago but there was not one single night with a cheap rate
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

ohh really....

Originally Posted by Didi
Did he really find a rate? I tried some research on Kayak 24 hrs ago but there was not one single night with a cheap rate

First i thought i was just going to happy with my booking, now i think im going to laugh my ... off aswell...

Last edited by CPHBob; Feb 16, 2007 at 10:22 pm
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by CPHBob

First i thought i was just going to happy with my booking, now i think im going to laugh my ... off aswell...

Right. It's absolutely hilarious that you found a mistake, waited many hours to post it, and then posted it in the wrong place two times before getting it right the third time, all the while not telling anyone where you got it or really any details at all.

Sorry, but this thread just bugs me. I thank you for sharing what a deal you got, but I also wish you would have shared it with everyone else.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP

Right. It's absolutely hilarious that you found a mistake, waited many hours to post it, and then posted it in the wrong place two times before getting it right the third time, all the while not telling anyone where you got it or really any details at all.

Sorry, but this thread just bugs me. I thank you for sharing what a deal you got, but I also wish you would have shared it with everyone else.
Well tbh....I had to find vacancy for myself and my G/F first...Then i started leaking info to Friends & Coworkers...
When i felt they had, had their deserved headstart, i just jumped in here with the left overs and went to bed.
8 Hours or so later, i checked Expedia again...reposted that there may still be some cheap rates out there..Because obviously there werent any left on Expedia...

Last edited by CPHBob; Feb 16, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.