Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] London Swissotel The Howard 45 pounds per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] London Swissotel The Howard 45 pounds per night

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:55 am

I checked also and can't find it anymore. Glad I booked it for one night. I received the confirmation email that said the 45 pound rate. I think they will honor it...especially since it looks like they corrected it due to all the bookings lol. Who is going to be staying there the soonest? Mine was for January.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: SEN -
Confirmed

...Wrote email to hotel to check if my first booking was confirmed and they replied that all was fine. To check go on modify button on their web site and after input your reservation number and email address you will know exactly what has been confirmed.
Does anyone know when our cc will be debited?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by malteser
...Wrote email to hotel to check if my first booking was confirmed and they replied that all was fine. To check go on modify button on their web site and after input your reservation number and email address you will know exactly what has been confirmed.
Does anyone know when our cc will be debited?

Pay on check-out from what I can gather!
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:17 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone gotten a confirming email from their booking? I haven't, and that concerns me a bit.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hoc
Has anyone gotten a confirming email from their booking? I haven't, and that concerns me a bit.
Email from at time of booking? Between my friends and myself we have many bookings and the email confirmations came in within 1-3 minutes from time of booking. We did book earlier than when this thread was posted since the deal was first posted on BFT early on Sunday.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
Pay on check-out from what I can gather!
Yup. No deposit required. Just a credit card guarantee. No penalty to cancel as long as you cancel by 1 PM hotel time day of arrival.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:40 pm

US$10 Food & Beverage Credit

Everyone who booked on the Swissotel website should also get a US$10 food and beverage credit per stay http://www.swissotel.com/USD10Off/
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Hoc
By any chance, did you miss clicking on the final screen that asked you to review your data one more time? When you did that, you would have gotten a confirmation number at the top of the screen and a confirming email. It you stopped prior to that, you don't have a reservation.

I failed to do that for one rez and it took me a bit to figure out what I had done wrong.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:19 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
By any chance, did you miss clicking on the final screen that asked you to review your data one more time? When you did that, you would have gotten a confirmation number at the top of the screen and a confirming email. It you stopped prior to that, you don't have a reservation.

I failed to do that for one rez and it took me a bit to figure out what I had done wrong.
No, I clicked on it and got Conf. Nos. Just no confirming email.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Then you should be golden. Maybe you had a typo in your email address?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:24 pm
Hoc

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Then you should be golden. Maybe you had a typo in your email address?
No, it shows the correct email address on the confirmation screen.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Everyone who booked on the Swissotel website should also get a US$10 food and beverage credit per stay http://www.swissotel.com/USD10Off/
haha I think that might just be pushing it a bit. And regarding getting billed at checkout, that worries me a bit. If they try to charge me more I'll just tell em to "eff off"

No, but if they do I'd imagine that my credit card company would back me.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Does this hotel ever pop up on Priceline or Hotwire? Has it shown up there or elsewhere for c. $90/night (which is about the effective rate for this hotel given the current exchange rates)?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:27 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does this hotel ever pop up on Priceline or Hotwire? Has it shown up there or elsewhere for c. $90/night (which is about the effective rate for this hotel given the current exchange rates)?
A quick glance at biddingfortravel suggests The Howard as one of the possible hotels in the Mayfair-Soho district. It seems there aren't any recent accepted bids from this hotel however. In addition, PL 5 star-labeled hotels in London seem to have an average price of about $200.

Looking at betterbidding, it seems, there hasn't been any report about inclusion of this hotel on Hotwire.

It's amazing how the rates just disappeared so quickly. I just barely got all my reservations submitted and was pulling another one to illustrate to my brother an example of the 'wonderful discoveries' of FTers, but they were all gone!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:42 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by CalItalian
We did book earlier than when this thread was posted since the deal was first posted on BFT early on Sunday.
I dont see this on biddingfortravel.com.
Is the original posting still there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.