Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for people whose Tokyo/Osaka bookings were NOT cancelled & who ARE traveling

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:45 pm

Thank You

Originally Posted by LapLap
Here's a link to get you started.:http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/fp/e/english.html
However, PLEASE direct this kind of question to the Tokyo forum (which is actually 'unofficially' the Japan forum). Yokoso! We are expecting to see you there!

This question will be asked many times, and it will be easier for EVERYONE if we keep the answers in an easily accessible place.

We all know what a nightmare it is to retreive important information from this monster thread.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Please add me - Osaka Hilton, May 23-30, Executive King. Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Originally Posted by gemac
Please add me - Osaka Hilton, May 23-30, Executive King. Thanks.
Good to know you're coming
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier, HH, Imperial Hotel, NOC
Just got back from Osaka....Hilton A+++

A final update. I just concluded my 3 night stay at the Osaka Hilton. What a great hotel! I checked-in with no issues. No mention of Expedia, rates that were errors or letters to explain any issues....just 5-star service (at this 4-star hotel). As I live in Japan, I don't frequent Japanese hotels all that much. I had forgotten the amazing service standards displayed at hotels here and the Hilton did not let me or my family down.

The Hilton is perfectly located in Umeda. It is across the street from where the Airport bus drops you off, in the middle of upscale shopping and dining and next to JR Osaka station which is perfect for day trips out to Kyoto or Universal Studios.

I'll use this hotel again whether it's an ESR or not!
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier, HH, Imperial Hotel, NOC
Originally Posted by coeur 05
Can someone tell me which train I need to get to Osaka Hilton
from KIX?

thanks so much
Actually the best way to the Hilton is to take the Airport Hotel bus #5 outside of Exit F. It costs JPY1300 and takes around 50 minutes. It lets you out right across the street from the hotel!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:49 am

Thank You

Originally Posted by sunabe1
Actually the best way to the Hilton is to take the Airport Hotel bus #5 outside of Exit F. It costs JPY1300 and takes around 50 minutes. It lets you out right across the street from the hotel!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:19 am

Glad to see good report from Sunabe1

If there is a list, we are going: 4/16-4/23 Tokyo (King Exec.)
4/23-4/26 Osaka (King Exec.)

I rec. a case # & confirm from Expedia & verbal from Hilton and no cancellation.
I decided to book my air and we are scheduled to go. I will pay whatever is necessary if forced and solve it when I get home.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Thanks for your patience, everyone. Back from Kauai and all dates are updated in the first post of this thread.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:15 pm

Okay, so now that it's (in Japan at least) December, I guess we'll see if these things really are good past November. The repeated confirmations from expedia seem to directly contradict the letters of those who have checked in. I think Nomad is first up. Hope it works out for him.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:29 pm

Actually

Originally Posted by chuckd
Okay, so now that it's (in Japan at least) December, I guess we'll see if these things really are good past November. The repeated confirmations from expedia seem to directly contradict the letters of those who have checked in. I think Nomad is first up. Hope it works out for him.

checking in Saturday Dec 3, Osaka Hilton, wish us luck
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:34 pm

checking in Saturday Dec 3, Osaka Hilton, wish us luck
Good luck! We're all excited to hear what you find out. Did they rebook you at the higher rate, or are you still at the original rate?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Im thinking someone should have a phone card with them to call expedia if a problem arises!Somehow I dont trust that hilton wont give us problems when we check in now..
-howie
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:08 pm

Original

Originally Posted by alamedaguy
Good luck! We're all excited to hear what you find out. Did they rebook you at the higher rate, or are you still at the original rate?

Called Hilton, the voice recorder said I was confirmed??
we will have to see when we arrive.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:07 am
Suspended

Don't trust the automatic reservation system

Called Hilton, the voice recorder said I was confirmed??
we will have to see when we arrive.

I wouldn't trust that system. Not only my still existing but also my long-ago cancelled reservations are still there!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:39 pm

I was never cancelled

Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
I wouldn't trust that system. Not only my still existing but also my long-ago cancelled reservations are still there!

They never cancelled my reservation, nor did they credit my credit card, they send me an email as of Nov 21 reconfirming my reservation, gave me a case number, etc so I am hoping all goes well, if it doesn't, well I will deal with it then with a very pissed off husband lol...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.