Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

BRG Comparison Tool?

BRG Comparison Tool?

Old May 9, 20, 7:14 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 2
BRG Comparison Tool?

I have been looking for a BRG Comparison tool that compares the Direct bookng price vs all other OTAs. There were 2 who launched a website to do that back in 2015/2016, but is now defunct. I wonder if there is anything out there currently that does that? Otherwise, what are the best BRG hacks I can look out for?
b00mer is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 8:27 pm
  #2  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: https://www.autoslash.com
Posts: 5,369
Why not just use Kayak or Trivago?
crd3000 likes this.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 8:49 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Why not just use Kayak or Trivago?
because it doesn't auto monitor prices and notify me when prices drop below BRG rate.
b00mer is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 8:53 pm
  #4  
Company Representative - Autoslash
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: https://www.autoslash.com
Posts: 5,369
If you want a site that auto-monitors hotel prices, you should join the beta for HotelSlash.com. If you PM us we'll be happy to get you signed up.
AutoSlash is offline  
Old May 10, 20, 4:31 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by b00mer View Post
because it doesn't auto monitor prices and notify me when prices drop below BRG rate.
LOL. So you want a completely automated BRG finder? Where's the fun in that?

In all seriousness, you're not likely to find a service that will monitor prices for you, but where you under absolutely no circumstances intend to book via the website that did the work for you, giving them a bit of affiliate marketing commission. Since that website wouldn't get any revenue, it wouldn't last long.

The aggregators are your main source and you have to deal with their way of doing things...
craigthemif is offline  
Old Jul 3, 20, 1:13 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,114
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
LOL. So you want a completely automated BRG finder? Where's the fun in that?

In all seriousness, you're not likely to find a service that will monitor prices for you, but where you under absolutely no circumstances intend to book via the website that did the work for you, giving them a bit of affiliate marketing commission. Since that website wouldn't get any revenue, it wouldn't last long.

The aggregators are your main source and you have to deal with their way of doing things...
What if someone made such a tool and charged a subscription or per-reservation fee ?
hoipolloi is online now  
Old Jul 4, 20, 6:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 12
I use pruvo and it works well for me. DM me if you want more details!
Deep1312 is offline  
Old Jul 4, 20, 7:46 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,501
Originally Posted by Deep1312 View Post
I use pruvo and it works well for me. DM me if you want more details!
Pruvo = hotelslash

It doesn't work for BRG unless they find a lower price within 24 hours after booking.
nacho is offline  
Old Jul 9, 20, 9:06 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Hi all,

I can vouch that Puvo has been a big help in finding better BRG deals. I have a BRG google sheet that lists all of my favorite sites including some off the radar OTA's for BRG approvals. PM me if you want to take a look, all I ask is that you try to contribute any sites or additional info you may have on the program or the BRG process.

I have only used Marriott for BRG, but was wondering how Hilton and Hyatt compare in terms of ease of getting approval, and other restrictions/roadblocks. For me Marriott has so many properties, if I can't BRG a hotel, I just look at others around the same area and usually get approved for one of them.
Rikaute likes this.
toddvader is offline  
Old Jul 10, 20, 1:37 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CHI
Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, National EE
Posts: 3,830
Originally Posted by toddvader View Post
I have only used Marriott for BRG, but was wondering how Hilton and Hyatt compare in terms of ease of getting approval, and other restrictions/roadblocks. For me Marriott has so many properties, if I can't BRG a hotel, I just look at others around the same area and usually get approved for one of them.
Not sure about right now, but I know that historically, Marriott has been the best chain for honoring their BRG.
Santander is offline  
Old Jul 11, 20, 2:58 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: MSP
Programs: Skyteam
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Santander View Post
Not sure about right now, but I know that historically, Marriott has been the best chain for honoring their BRG.
I've had smooth BRG approvals through Hilton and BW, Marriott - maybe just one time after much back and forth.
VBoogie is offline  
Old Jul 17, 20, 11:08 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,624
Near impossible to develop such a tool as hotel rates are often based on point of sale - so you will get different results for the same OTA depending on location.
erik123 is offline  
Old Jul 26, 20, 6:14 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 154
Smile

Got a BRG Friday for dec 19-22 Hilton financial district San Francisco. Called Hilton to ask about the BRG process and pleasantly surprised that the agent would do it right on the spot provided the details. Used kayak to see that hotels, orbitz etc had a $74 rate, while Hilton was $87. Agent looked up the rate on hotels.com and saw the lower price and went ahead and booked the room for me. $55/night is the new rate. I enjoyed the BRG deals blog and also extreme hotel deals.com but that site is a subscription now and the guy who ran the blog pretty much stopped posting once choice changed their BRG from free night to $50 gift card. Took advantage of a lot of free stays in comfort inns in San Francisco and Ventura and an ascend property in Santa Barbara. That one left the choice chain and I wonder if I'm at fault for all the free nights!?
Mrdeals805 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 20, 10:19 am
  #14  
Ambassador, New England
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maineiac, USA
Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Posts: 2,655
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805 View Post
That one left the choice chain and I wonder if I'm at fault for all the free nights!?
Definitely not just you. I used the Choice BRG free stays several times, and even got some for IHG's BRG too. It was nice while it lasted. *sigh*
lo2e is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread