Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRG Comparison Tool?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

BRG Comparison Tool?

I have been looking for a BRG Comparison tool that compares the Direct bookng price vs all other OTAs. There were 2 who launched a website to do that back in 2015/2016, but is now defunct. I wonder if there is anything out there currently that does that? Otherwise, what are the best BRG hacks I can look out for?
Old May 9, 2020, 7:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Why not just use Kayak or Trivago?
crd3000 likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Why not just use Kayak or Trivago?
because it doesn't auto monitor prices and notify me when prices drop below BRG rate.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:53 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If you want a site that auto-monitors hotel prices, you should join the beta for HotelSlash.com. If you PM us we'll be happy to get you signed up.
Old May 10, 2020, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by b00mer
because it doesn't auto monitor prices and notify me when prices drop below BRG rate.
LOL. So you want a completely automated BRG finder? Where's the fun in that?

In all seriousness, you're not likely to find a service that will monitor prices for you, but where you under absolutely no circumstances intend to book via the website that did the work for you, giving them a bit of affiliate marketing commission. Since that website wouldn't get any revenue, it wouldn't last long.

The aggregators are your main source and you have to deal with their way of doing things...
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL. So you want a completely automated BRG finder? Where's the fun in that?

In all seriousness, you're not likely to find a service that will monitor prices for you, but where you under absolutely no circumstances intend to book via the website that did the work for you, giving them a bit of affiliate marketing commission. Since that website wouldn't get any revenue, it wouldn't last long.

The aggregators are your main source and you have to deal with their way of doing things...
What if someone made such a tool and charged a subscription or per-reservation fee ?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I use pruvo and it works well for me. DM me if you want more details!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Deep1312
I use pruvo and it works well for me. DM me if you want more details!
Pruvo = hotelslash

It doesn't work for BRG unless they find a lower price within 24 hours after booking.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:06 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Hi all,

I can vouch that Puvo has been a big help in finding better BRG deals. I have a BRG google sheet that lists all of my favorite sites including some off the radar OTA's for BRG approvals. PM me if you want to take a look, all I ask is that you try to contribute any sites or additional info you may have on the program or the BRG process.

I have only used Marriott for BRG, but was wondering how Hilton and Hyatt compare in terms of ease of getting approval, and other restrictions/roadblocks. For me Marriott has so many properties, if I can't BRG a hotel, I just look at others around the same area and usually get approved for one of them.
Rikaute likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by toddvader
I have only used Marriott for BRG, but was wondering how Hilton and Hyatt compare in terms of ease of getting approval, and other restrictions/roadblocks. For me Marriott has so many properties, if I can't BRG a hotel, I just look at others around the same area and usually get approved for one of them.
Not sure about right now, but I know that historically, Marriott has been the best chain for honoring their BRG.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Santander
Not sure about right now, but I know that historically, Marriott has been the best chain for honoring their BRG.
I've had smooth BRG approvals through Hilton and BW, Marriott - maybe just one time after much back and forth.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 10:08 am

Near impossible to develop such a tool as hotel rates are often based on point of sale - so you will get different results for the same OTA depending on location.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:14 pm

Smile

Got a BRG Friday for dec 19-22 Hilton financial district San Francisco. Called Hilton to ask about the BRG process and pleasantly surprised that the agent would do it right on the spot provided the details. Used kayak to see that hotels, orbitz etc had a $74 rate, while Hilton was $87. Agent looked up the rate on hotels.com and saw the lower price and went ahead and booked the room for me. $55/night is the new rate. I enjoyed the BRG deals blog and also extreme hotel deals.com but that site is a subscription now and the guy who ran the blog pretty much stopped posting once choice changed their BRG from free night to $50 gift card. Took advantage of a lot of free stays in comfort inns in San Francisco and Ventura and an ascend property in Santa Barbara. That one left the choice chain and I wonder if I'm at fault for all the free nights!?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:19 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
That one left the choice chain and I wonder if I'm at fault for all the free nights!?
Definitely not just you. I used the Choice BRG free stays several times, and even got some for IHG's BRG too. It was nice while it lasted. *sigh*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.