Search

Oak Tree Inns $8-10/night in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Oak Tree Inns $8-10/night in 2018

According to extreme hotel deals, Oak Tree Inns can be booked on major OTAs for $10/night for many dates in 2018

I successfully reserved 6 nights in Dunsmuir, CA for $8/night plus a couple bucks in taxes in July 2018 on booking.com

I was also able to find some dates for Green River, WY at the same price but didn't book them because I couldn't get the later summer dates I wanted at that price.

These are not fancy hotels but they're well reviewed and do offer free breakfast.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:45 am

I successfully booked 2x14 nights in Santa Teresa and Belen, New Mexico for May 2018 as this comes very handy for my upcoming visit to USA
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DID anyone else get in on this deal? It seems Oak Tree Inns have now largely been absorbed by travellodge and I'm wondering if that will affect these being honored. My reservations are not until this summer.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:44 am

l0rd, or for anyone still following this thread....

I stayed in the Oak Tree Inn in Santa Teresa last month on a prior deal of $5 night, breakfast included. I found it to be a fine hotel/motel. It is primarily used by Union Pacific RR as their corporate hotel and, in fact, the hotel offers a shuttle for those employees that runs them back and forth to their depot down the road. The hotel is simple, with not much around, but perfectly fine as a base for the El Paso (or larger) area. A couple of notes:
  • The attached diner is where you check in. It is great for food and a chat with the employees. Remember to remind them that your breakfast is included (if it is), otherwise they will charge you by default.
  • Because the rooms have Union Pacific people coming and going all day and night, housekeeping has a very bizarre (or no?) schedule. We had to specifically request that they pop into our room after a couple of days.
  • Check out the War Eagles Museum at the Doña Ana Airport down the road from the hotel. Its worth the visit.
  • Watch your cell phone for ROAMING while in the El Paso city area. We randomly connected to Mexico's network which cost us a fortune.
PV_Premier
After my stay, I contacted Travellodge for credit to my account, and they came back with a slightly sarcastic "You only paid $45 for a 5 night stay. This is not an applicable rate for stay credit." So, I did not push it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lennys26v2
PV_Premier
After my stay, I contacted Travellodge for credit to my account, and they came back with a slightly sarcastic "You only paid $45 for a 5 night stay. This is not an applicable rate for stay credit." So, I did not push it.
Thank you. I don't care about the stay credit at all, but rather that the rate is likely to be honored at check in (or something reasonable done) since it would be a nightmare to find alternative lodging in Dunsmuir on a holiday weekend with no advance notice. Even if the hotel says my $8/day rate is not valid at check in and offers me $25 a night I would take it gladly, since the hotel usually books for $75-100 a night in the summer.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:20 am

Question Cancelled reservation, but others still looks OK. What to do?

Hi all,

thank you for updates!
I don't know which site you booked the rooms, but I have got cancellation email from booking.com for Missouri Valley and Belen and still have valid for 3 more Oak Tree Inn reservations (I made for longer, 10-14 day stays):

Hello XXX,
We tried contacting you by phone to discuss your reservation at Travelodge Missouri Valley, but weren’t able to reach you.
Travelodge Missouri Valley is unable to accommodate your reservation XXXXXXXX. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
This relocation is due to incorrectly loaded rates and the property can not accommodate you.
The property has informed us that the correct rates per night should have been 71.99 USD per night excluding 12% tax. Therefore, the total amount of your reservation should have been 483.77 USD including the tax.

We’ve found an alternative for you:
Americas Best Value Inn
3167 Joilet Avenue, Missouri Valley, 51555, USA
0.9 km (0.6 miles) from Travelodge Missouri Valley 2.9 km (1.8 miles) from centre
1 × Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking
Price: 463.68 USD

If you like this option, here are the next steps:
• Make a new reservation link
• Share your new booking number with us by replying to this email

We’ll take care of cancelling the old one at no cost to you.
Please feel free to contact us for further help if you are not satisfied with the alternative offered. We’re available to discuss other options and your accommodation needs.
The total cost of your reservation will be less expensive if you choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn.

By providing your receipts, you give Booking.com B.V. permission to share this information with Travelodge Missouri Valley. We’re committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the receipts to confirm your claim. We only keep this information as long as necessary.

Thanks for choosing Booking.com. If you need us again, we’re always here.
*** Kind reminder ***
Dear XXX,

We tried to contact you by telephone to discuss an error in the rates for your booking with Travelodge Belen, but were unable to reach you.
The actual rate for Travelodge Belen is 48.99 USD per night, and not 8 USD per night as mentioned on your reservation.

The best price that can be offered by Travelodge Belen is 48.99 USD per night including breakfast, excluding 14.5 % Government Tax and excluding 4 % City tax.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you accept this offer. If you have any questions or concerns, we're always here.

Thank you for choosing Booking.com.
Kind regards,
On the next day they simple cancelled my reservation in Belen!

I'm also unsure, if the remaining reservations are safe, or I should not rely on them and change my plans (which would cost me a lot more, and I really can't afford it) or cancel my entire trip which was built on this cheap stays in USA.

If anybody have any idea, what they meant with providing receipts @:-) (they would reimburse me for additional cost?) please PM me for discuss the options.
Thanks!

Last edited by l0rd; Apr 8, 2018 at 1:22 am Reason: typo fix
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:59 pm

Hi l0rd.

Seeing that you these rooms in the beginning of August 2017, I would argue that the passing of 8 months means it is unreasonable to break the binding contract. I would -- and have --[albeit with a sigh] accepted a cancellation after a couple of days or even a week, but not 8 months. That is simply not reasonable as you now have an entire trip planned around these stays. I would push them to rebook you at the same cost (to you) in similar accommodations.

Although you booked through Booking.com, I would also contact the hotel directly to see what they have to say. I would just ask to confirm that the reservation is still there, who cancelled (if it is cnx'd) and for what reason. Lay into the same story about it being 8 months...

The emails that you got from Booking.com seem to be a bit unclear in what they are saying. They talk about the reservations being cancelled by the hotel, however state "We’ll take care of cancelling the old one at no cost to you". That is contradictory. Also they mention providing receipts which they may share with Travelodge, but you are correct that they dont say what receipts and for what purpose they will be shared.

Good luck.

Take a look:
* http://www.travelweekly.com/Mark-Pes...nding-contract
* https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....d-reservation/
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi l0rd.

Seeing that you these rooms in the beginning of August 2017, I would argue that the passing of 8 months means it is unreasonable to break the binding contract. I would -- and have --[albeit with a sigh] accepted a cancellation after a couple of days or even a week, but not 8 months. That is simply not reasonable as you now have an entire trip planned around these stays. I would push them to rebook you at the same cost (to you) in similar accommodations.

Although you booked through Booking.com, I would also contact the hotel directly to see what they have to say. I would just ask to confirm that the reservation is still there, who cancelled (if it is cnx'd) and for what reason. Lay into the same story about it being 8 months...

The emails that you got from Booking.com seem to be a bit unclear in what they are saying. They talk about the reservations being cancelled by the hotel, however state "We’ll take care of cancelling the old one at no cost to you". That is contradictory. Also they mention providing receipts which they may share with Travelodge, but you are correct that they dont say what receipts and for what purpose they will be shared.

Good luck.

Take a look:
* Eclipse or no, a hotel reservation is a binding contract: Travel Weekly
* https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....d-reservation/
I agree with all of this, further, since it appears you may have made the Missouri Valley reservation via Booking.com BV (the NL website), further consumer protections may be afforded than what exist in the USA, but I am not an expert on EU hotel reservation law/policy. I would be very direct with Booking.com that cancelling 8 months after the fact is completely unacceptable and you expect to be accommodated in comparable reservations at a discounted rate.

I used the USA booking.com site to secure two separate 3 day reservations in Dunsmuir for dates in July, and those are intact.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:12 am

Hi guys, thank you very much for your answers!!
I would love to, but unfortunately we can't travel, because of sudden serious health problems
My booking is still active for 4 people with breakfast included, and as I see now, I'm able to edit/add more names to the reservation -> http://prntscr.com/jabqs7
If anybody wants it, PM me.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My rate was not honored at check in on 7/5, and the property (Dunsmuir) acted like I didn’t even have a confirmed reservation. Because all the local options were full, I had limited room to negotiate and didn’t want to be bothered with calling Booking to have them deal with the property on my behalf since it was late. I accepted $45/night and half price breakfast which was proactively offered by the manager who I spoke to by phone after asking the front desk agent to let me speak with them. This is about a 60% discount over the normal holiday rate for this hotel.

The property was very clean and quiet and we were treated well all things considered.

i will think twice before using Booking again. Not impressed and will be sending them some pointed feedback.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:57 pm

PV_Premier,

As long as you still have the confirmation from Booking.com, I would complain to them and make them responsible for the difference.

You booked a rate which was in an agreed contract between yourself and Booking.com. If the hotel charges you something different upon arrival, that is between Booking.com and the property, but it is not your problem.
Spiff and BenCali like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PV_Premier,

As long as you still have the confirmation from Booking.com, I would complain to them and make them responsible for the difference.

You booked a rate which was in an agreed contract between yourself and Booking.com. If the hotel charges you something different upon arrival, that is between Booking.com and the property, but it is not your problem.
i sent them a mail, doubt it will do any good, but will see what they say.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
My rate was not honored at check in on 7/5, and the property (Dunsmuir) acted like I didn’t even have a confirmed reservation. Because all the local options were full, I had limited room to negotiate and didn’t want to be bothered with calling Booking to have them deal with the property on my behalf since it was late. I accepted $45/night and half price breakfast which was proactively offered by the manager who I spoke to by phone after asking the front desk agent to let me speak with them. This is about a 60% discount over the normal holiday rate for this hotel.

The property was very clean and quiet and we were treated well all things considered.

i will think twice before using Booking again. Not impressed and will be sending them some pointed feedback.
Due to scheduling conflict, I'd cancelled my Dunsmuir reservation. I regretted my decision at that time, but not anymore after seeing your DP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.