$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
How long does it usually take for a stay to be confirmed after check-out?

How significant is the date shown on the payment page?

Mine still shows: "6 Aug 2017 - US$40 coming up! You'll get your reward after your stay is confirmed."

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yann; Aug 9, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by yann

Mine still shows: "6 Aug 2017 - US$40 coming up! You'll get your reward after your stay is confirmed."

Thanks in advance.

Where you get this text? - it disappeared from my referrals page few days ago...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Perhaps a word to "calm" the troops. Relax, your reservation confirmation shows the Credit will be applied, any issues (especially if your a Genius) contact Genius Support and they will make it right.. Why all the worry.. It will post..
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat

Mine still shows: 6 Aug 2017 - US$40 coming up! You'll get your reward after your stay is confirmed."

Thanks in advance.
My last stay was 30 July. $40 hit my CC on 4 August this was on a pay at hotel booking.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by Golasiyo
I have an Amex card and a Mastercard.

Booking.com tells me that I need to use my Mastercard to get the discount on my creditcard, but when should I use it? I booked with my Amex card, but in my creditcard options in my profile, I checked Mastercard as my main creditcard for the rewards.

Would this be enough to get the money, even though I am using Amex to pay for it?
Had no problems getting the credit back onto Amex card
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Last week I have travelled with my parents on 2 separate bookings. My mother got her credit back to her card today, I have still yet to receive the money.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:29 am

I used it...

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Thanks for the data point

Did you use your VISA online at booking.com or at check-out?
online at booking.com
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:48 am

These rewards are no longer listed on any page within my user profile now. Neither the $40 or $20 rewards are shown like before. I have a feeling I am about to get burnt.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Vapno
These rewards are no longer listed on any page within my user profile now. Neither the $40 or $20 rewards are shown like before. I have a feeling I am about to get burnt.
Mine were not either, and I received it.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Vapno
Mine showed my hotel reservation as "canceled" and rewards were gone. I called them and got offshore "John". Figured ef it, not worth the time. 2 days later very nice lady called and told me it was paid out. Sure enough 2 days later I saw it on my CC.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by makor
Where you get this text? - it disappeared from my referrals page few days ago...
Still there two weeks after the stay.

It may be related to the fact that we paid at the hotel, meaning that they are waiting for a confirmation from them.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:27 pm

data point from RFD
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/booki.../16/#p28127350

FYI I didn't get the reward for my second booking, even though I had confirmation multiple times that I would receive the credit, via booking page, email and free money page that I would be receiving it. I called and they wouldn't do anything for me.
They didn't care that I had so much evidence that stated I would be getting the credit. I'm convinced they're advertising techniques are a scam. Try using their car rental portal, I was quoted different prices on every single page I clicked through and the subsequent email. When I asked them why this was the case, they say we can't guarantee you any rate. Problem is the quotes differed by greater than $100. No other site operates like this.

As per this promo, I would only trust the first booking credit going through, I would advise everyone to cancel any subsequent bookings otherwise don't be surprised when it doesn't go through and Booking.com says they won't honour it.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:58 pm

Ugh, thanks for the dp jerryhung. Guess I'll cancel and use a 10% off coupon from hotels.com instead.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AS MVP, DL, AC, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
This offer is one per account. I think they may have used same account for both reservations.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Miles and More
After 1st of August I saw a lot of changes.

1. They started to check all referrals and if you are a new member and received a few $ for your referrals, they can cancel it now (why?, don't know.. I have a few accs)

2. On some accs disappeared all nights. (it seems they deleted them all) Even on old accounts, where "you" already received money.

3. Also if you use a "fresh" link from your friend, who registered a few days ago, they can cancel your PROMO $25 also.

4. Now you have to wait more than week to get your "reward" after stay.

5. The most important: now they are waiting for a confirmation FROM HOTEL, that you lived there. after this confirmation, they will send you a link, where you can see, that "this" hotel confirmed your stay. Only after this confirmation you can get your money!

I think this is the main problem, not ALL hotels send confirmations back to booking.com, that's why you do not get "REWARD", that's why if you are calling to booking.com - they do not help you. Try call to your HOTEL and ask them to send a confirmation to booking.com.

Also booking.com starts checking e-mails, sometimes I used online e-mail, now you can not do it. They can cancel your booking, but always they cancel your 'reward'.

As I understood all these rules "right". Try to do next thing:
After check out
1. Take a bill from your hotel.
2. Ask them to confirm your stay with booking.com
3. DO NOT use the same CARD more than 2 times for booking! (now they are checking it. If system sees that you used your card a few times on different accs, they will "cancel" reward or they will marked it as paid, but you never get money back - it is from experience)
4. 1 card = 1 acc.

Last edited by newmemberhere; Aug 19, 2017 at 8:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.