Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Plus Vega Hotel & Convention Center from 1,560 Russian Rubles

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Best Western Plus Vega Hotel & Convention Center from 1,560 Russian Rubles

Best Western Plus Vega Hotel & Convention Center (Izmaylovskoye Shosse 71, Moscow; www.hotel-vega.ru) has low rates from 1 January 2017 to 31 May 2017.

Available on www.hrs.com
Old May 30, 2016, 12:11 am

Seems to be around 60% of the regular price on HRS (outside of these dates) - Available for most dates from $29 sgl / $33 dbl.

Rate on BW site is $139/night for several dates that I checked.

Last edited by Lennys26v2; May 30, 2016 at 12:31 am
Old May 30, 2016, 2:42 am

Booked. Thank you. Paid 1,950.00 RUB per night.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Horrible security situation

Just FYI , this is a huge soviet style mammoth on the outskirts of the city. Get ready to be checked showing your documents to grim security guards two or three times on the way to your room. God forbids you bring a guest, Ibrought my brother over and they denied letting him in hinting that I am a gay person that picked a prostitute. At the same time pay girls are hanging on the premises freely not bothered by any guards.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by iggyray
Just FYI , this is a huge soviet style mammoth on the outskirts of the city...
Thanks iggyray for the info.

While it is good to know, I personally am less bothered by the security guards then the area where the hotel is located. What is the area like? Safe? Scary? Can one go wandering around the area?
Old May 31, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Just like the most of Moscow - the area is mostly safe. The hotel is situated next to a metro station and a large park, with several stadiums and a pair of minor museums nearby, so it's not actually the most interesting place to wander around.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just FYI , this is a huge soviet style mammoth on the outskirts of the city. Get ready to be checked showing your documents to grim security guards two or three times on the way to your room. God forbids you bring a guest, Ibrought my brother over and they denied letting him in hinting that I am a gay person that picked a prostitute. At the same time pay girls are hanging on the premises freely not bothered by any guards.
You probably booked a single room and tried to bring inanother person without paying extra - room occupancy is enforced in many european countries.

Hotels in moscow are cheap now due to currency and economy issues - very decent holiday inns go for $40-50 routinely.

Moscow is a very safe city but the location of bw is a bit away if you are into sightseeing. Metro can take you anywhere central in 15-20 min though.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
My room was a double, my brother wasn't planning to stay overnight.
I am not used to the hotel stopping me 3 times on the way to my room, and denying a guest to come over. I packed my things and stayed at my brother's. No refunds.

The subway station is not far from there, however, I would not hang around the area when dark.

Check Holiday Inns that are more centrally located and cost around the same on the weekends - around $35/night on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Suschevsky and Sokolniki. They are more than happy to have your business.

I would avoid this place alltogether.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:17 pm

Check Holiday Inns that are more centrally located and cost around the same on the weekends - around $35/night on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Suschevsky and Sokolniki. They are more than happy to have your business.
I'll throw my vote in for HI Sokolniki. Stellar property and dirt cheap, whether with $ (especially now) or points.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:10 am
Original Poster

No longer available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.