save $100 when spending at least $100 on Orbitz with MASTERPASS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
beautiful! short shelf life but great deal thx for posting this ^
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by iahphx
Great deal, but limited to stays by Sept. 30? Wow -- that's an incredibly tight time frame. Having just come off a red-eye this morning, I happen to not need any hotel rooms in the next 2 weeks. If they'd give me a couple more weeks, I could probably find something to book.

EDIT: It's not much, but when I tried to use the promo code outside the booking window, it said it was valid for stays through Oct. 2. So perhaps folks can get an extra 2 days out of this.
Oct 1 . I tried Oct. 2 no go. Wish I was traveling too, maybe they have extra credits from Mastercard they have to get rid of before end of September. If any OTA stays counted for elite status i'd do a mattress run. Sadly
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Oct 1 . I tried Oct. 2 no go. Wish I was traveling too, maybe they have extra credits from Mastercard they have to get rid of before end of September. If any OTA stays counted for elite status i'd do a mattress run. Sadly
$100 off $100 made me think of making a trip just to take advantage of the offer. Sadly, in looking at the options, I learned how limited Orbitz's offerings are these days -- much less those that are eligible for the coupon. Not many places around $100 that I'd want to stay at. You'd have to get lucky or, perhaps, head overseas (not something I want to organize in the next 2 weeks!).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:19 pm

Thanks, got a nice resort near Calgary with buffet breakfast for 2 for 30 bucks a night.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
so you gotta check out with masterpass? or do you have to use mastercard?
save $100 when spending at least $100 on Orbitz with MASTERPASS
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I just booked a few nights. What a pain it was to use Masterpass, I much prefer simply typing my credit card number on Orbitz. Can't complain too much though...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by valdor
I just booked a few nights. What a pain it was to use Masterpass, I much prefer simply typing my credit card number on Orbitz. Can't complain too much though...
I think all these apps are designed with mobile phones in mind. You generally want to do as little typing as possible when you're on a phone, so the idea is to store that information in a "digital wallet." Since it's seen as the "next big thing," there's a lot of competition -- and promos -- for these apps.

Of course, in the real world, I think most of us like to look and book travel on bigger screens. I know I use a phone only in last minute emergencies.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Besides Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau are also on the not named excluded list.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:45 pm

Excellent if you're traveling. But for a stay-cation not worth it personally because this one is 100 before taxes, as opposed to last year when it was 100 including taxes on some of the deals (iirc).
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:24 pm

About 10 minutes after signing up for MasterPass I received a robocall for a "free" cruise if I took a survey. It didn't say where they were calling from but it was a (213) number and I reported it to the FCC. Not sure if it was just a coincidence in timing.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:52 pm

TY OP! I was able to use this. Not as exciting as the other promo that I booked 8 nights in Kuala Lumpur with but I'm happy.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:01 pm

Booked MileNorth in Chicago for this weekend. Hope it's not a dump.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by valdor
How did you book a few nights? did you have to sign up different accounts?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by pl840502
How did you book a few nights? did you have to sign up different accounts?
There seems to be nothing in T&C that prohibits multiple uses of the code.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Too bad I need a hotel for Oct 3rd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.