Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Expedia: $100-$200 Off, No Minimum Spend (3-5 Minimum Night Stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Expedia: $100-$200 Off, No Minimum Spend (3-5 Minimum Night Stay)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by DigitalNomad81
Hi!

I am new here, registered just for this.

My timeline:

I booked a hotel February 11 for 5 nights starting February 13 and checking out February 18. I had to try several hotels because not all of them were elible for the coupon. I received the confirmation email, they took the money from my PayPal. All good and well. Nothing happens for 2 days.

Today (day of the checkin) I get on the train to my destination and arrive late in the afternoon. I reach the hotel at 6pm local time.

They don't find my reservation. I login to my email (I checked my email today 9am local China time), nothing.

I open my email and there it is, an email that my reservation has been cancelled and they have already refunded the money.

There I am, at 6pm, dark and with two bags, sitting at the reception with no reservation.

I already sent them an angry email but no reply so far.

I find this very unprofessional, to cancel hours before my checkin. I will not let this one go, this is simply disgusting customer service.

Kind regards,
DM
Hey DM
Can I ask... Did you book using a card registered to a US address?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
Hey DM
Can I ask... Did you book using a card registered to a US address?
PayPal. And you needed to use expedia.com, other sites did not accept the code.

DM
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:57 am
jxd

Checked my booking on expedia, still intact.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Accor LeClub Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Aegean Gold, AA Platinum
All good here. Did not use PayPal however.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by DigitalNomad81
Hi!

I am new here, registered just for this.

My timeline:

I booked a hotel February 11 for 5 nights starting February 13 and checking out February 18. I had to try several hotels because not all of them were elible for the coupon. I received the confirmation email, they took the money from my PayPal. All good and well. Nothing happens for 2 days.

Today (day of the checkin) I get on the train to my destination and arrive late in the afternoon. I reach the hotel at 6pm local time.

They don't find my reservation. I login to my email (I checked my email today 9am local China time), nothing.

I open my email and there it is, an email that my reservation has been cancelled and they have already refunded the money.

There I am, at 6pm, dark and with two bags, sitting at the reception with no reservation.

I already sent them an angry email but no reply so far.

I find this very unprofessional, to cancel hours before my checkin. I will not let this one go, this is simply disgusting customer service.

Kind regards,
DM
your location says cologne, germany. the promo was only for u.s. customers
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:18 am

I'm in China and promo was for "Expedia US" customers.

Anyway, after a long call they made another reservation and confirmed it. Why it was cancelled remains a mystery. Was very pleased with the support and the supervisor that made the new booking.

Kind regards,
DM
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:05 am

Dear Expedia Customer,

Your Expedia purchase XXXXXXXXXXXX has been cancelled due the following reasons:

To make this purchase, you used a coupon that was made available to Discover® cardholders for purchases made on their Discover card. This coupon was improperly distributed to some non-Discover cardholders and improperly used for purchases made with cards other than Discover cards. The terms and conditions of the coupon require that a Discover card be used for payment. The terms and conditions of the coupon also include other restrictions including a prohibition on the use of more than one coupon per account and a restriction limiting use of the coupon to U.S. customers. For your reference, below is a copy of the coupon that you used.

Your purchase was made in violation of one or more of the restrictions in the coupon terms and conditions. Completing your booking on Expedia.com required your acceptance of Expedia’s Terms of Use, in which you agreed that Expedia may cancel any travel or service reservations if your booking or account shows signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity. Please contact us at [email protected] if you think there may be a mistake. Include your email address and the itinerary number associated with your booking as well as a brief description of why you feel a mistake was made and we will review any information you provide.

Sincerely,
Expedia.com

This one will bite the dust...

Last edited by mlqsko; Feb 13, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: Accor LeClub Platinum, IHG Platinum, SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Aegean Gold, AA Platinum
Nothing about that in the original TC, but yes. Should've booked with a discovery card, if I had one of those.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:17 pm

Yeah, nothing about using a Discover credit card was mentioned in the T&C. I would have used my Discover card is I knew. Bummer!

Originally Posted by tompoints
Nothing about that in the original TC, but yes. Should've booked with a discovery card, if I had one of those.
Just added the image as it appears in the email. This one is definitely gone.

Got the same email but checking on the Expedia site the booking is still active.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:21 pm

Can we call Expedia and fight this since it wasn't mentioned in the T&C?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:22 pm

Original TC

Receive an instant $100 coupon discount on a qualifying hotel booking of three (3) or more consecutive nights at select hotels when you use the offer code DISCVR105. Receive an instant $150 coupon discount on a qualifying hotel booking of four (4) or more consecutive nights at select hotels when you use the offer code DISCVR151. Receive an instant $200 coupon discount on a qualifying hotel booking of five (5) or more consecutive nights at select hotels when you use the offer code DISCVR201. Please find a list of hotel properties excluded from this offer below.

How to redeem: Sign in to your Expedia.com® user account and select an Expedia Rate qualifying hotel stay. On the billing and delivery page you will see the link “I have a coupon”. Click on this link and enter one of the following offer codes DISCVR201/ DISCVR151/ DISCVR105. You must be signed in to your Expedia.com user account to use an instant coupon. If you do not have an Expedia.com user account, you must create one prior to making your qualifying hotel booking.

Restrictions: Coupon must be redeemed on Expedia.com by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on March 15, 2015 for travel completed by no later than August 31, 2015. Limit one (1) coupon per user account and per qualifying Expedia Special Rate hotel booking. This offer is from Expedia.com and is valid for Expedia.com U.S. customers only. Bookings are subject to availability at participating hotels at the time of booking and all applicable terms and conditions. Coupon may not be used with other coupons, promotions or special offers. Coupon discount cannot be applied against taxes, supplier-charged fees, cancellation or change penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer. A coupon will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and may not be reused, even in the event that you change or cancel your booking. Terms and conditions of this coupon are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Expedia, Inc. Coupon
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by garyfinny
Got the same email but checking on the Expedia site the booking is still active.
Same.

Also in red lettering:

This reservation is non-refundable and cannot be cancelled or changed.

---

Their email claims you needed to pay with a Discover card. This was never a prerequisite.

I don't expect this to be cancelled without repercussions.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:33 pm

How can they blatantly modify the T&Cs after the fact? My U.S. cards have already been charged for these reservations.

What do you think we can do to have them respected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.