Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
This bs happened in the middle of my busiest work morning, just missed out on hundreds of dollars of savings, I am traumatized, can't believe it...
I feel your pain. I thought the promo was going to start at 12:01 AM CST but it didn't start until 10AM CST. Unfortunately, this was 6 hours into my HKG-YYZ flight and AC does not have inflight wifi yet so I completely missed it. I would have gladly paid the wifi charges for the savings on my next trip!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Thanks for the post booked 9 (well 10 but cancelled one) for prime time skiing days as well as a quick getaway to miami in a "penthouse" room. 1 bedroom ski condos and miami stay = $128. Just made my season!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
This deal made my CyberMonday. Got 4 nights for under $75 total. Not as much as some, but I couldn't think of any other hotel stays I would need. I used 4 different email accounts. I didn't even try to make reservations out of one account. All you all who made multiple reservations, did you use multiple accounts, or were you able to make multiple reservations out of one account?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
This deal made my CyberMonday. Got 4 nights for under $75 total. Not as much as some, but I couldn't think of any other hotel stays I would need. I used 4 different email accounts. I didn't even try to make reservations out of one account. All you all who made multiple reservations, did you use multiple accounts, or were you able to make multiple reservations out of one account?
All out of one account for me. Per stay was the limitation. I don't think Orbitz was too concerned about who took advantage or how many stays each person booked. Reminds me of the Expedia $300 of vacation packages with no minimum spend or stay a couple years back. The theory is they have a contractual booking minimum that needed to be met and they came up with an excellent idea to meet their quota.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I made five reservations, all out of one account. The terms of the offer didn't say anything about a limit of one booking per account, so I wasn't too concerned.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:08 am

I used 4 different email accounts. I didn't even try to make reservations out of one account.
I did the same thing, as I didn't realize at first that you could make multiple bookings from one account.

Also CDKing's point about booking a cheaper hotel but the nicer room woulda been good for me. Most of the places I wanted the hotels were not at $101 of course but like $120 or $130 after taxes. If I would have picked the $80 or $90 room and then chose the upgrade to get it closer to 100 exactly, would have saved a lot more and booked some more.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Thanks for the post booked 9 (well 10 but cancelled one) for prime time skiing days as well as a quick getaway to miami in a "penthouse" room. 1 bedroom ski condos and miami stay = $128. Just made my season!
Good on ya, man. I got multiple nights near my parents' house for the holidays at around $17/ night. Didn't think about booking ski hotels until it was too late. Bummer!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I used the same account for the 3 bookings I needed.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:32 pm

Bonus:
Got ~$15 cashback from eBates.ca from my 6 Orbitz purchases
Cashback were about ~10% of the transactions
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
I did the same thing, as I didn't realize at first that you could make multiple bookings from one account.

Also CDKing's point about booking a cheaper hotel but the nicer room woulda been good for me. Most of the places I wanted the hotels were not at $101 of course but like $120 or $130 after taxes. If I would have picked the $80 or $90 room and then chose the upgrade to get it closer to 100 exactly, would have saved a lot more and booked some more.
For the locations I looked, very few room upgrades available since this was my plan too. It worked better for nice hotels or very specific location hotels. I buy Choice points during Dailygetaways and average about $30 a night for a basic Comfort Inn. Most of the $100 or so rooms on Orbitz ended up being about $25-$40 incl. taxes and fees so I passed up on a bunch of places.

I was happy to get a $100 off a $314 room so it worked for me.

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Bonus:
Got ~$15 cashback from eBates.ca from my 6 Orbitz purchases
Cashback were about ~10% of the transactions
I got about 2% cashback from ebates. My booking was $214 (plus extra in taxes and fees which ebates doesn't cover) and I received $4.28 in ebates. Guess that's double the normal 1% cashback?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM
Is anyone already travelled on this promotion? I am travelling next weekend to Bursa in Turkey for two nights reserved as single nights on two reservations using the same account. I am just concerned if I should make a refundable reservation just in case?
It would be nice to hear from my expert peers on this forum.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:12 am

Fraud Alert.

I just got poppep with a Fraud Notice from Chase. Hadn't used the card in months until I signed it up for this promotion and used it. I'm in Vietnam and somebody in Cali swiped a card with my number. Just a heads up, no idea if related to this visa checkout thing or not, or Orbitz, but keep your head on a swivel.

The weird part is it was a tiny amount and almost the same amount before taxes on the reservation I made with this card. Hopefully I didn't just cancel my good deal. But they said it was completely different transaction than the Orbitz one last week, and the Orbitz transaction shows the full amount already charged days ago.

Originally Posted by flyingwish
Is anyone already travelled on this promotion? I am travelling next weekend to Bursa in Turkey for two nights reserved as single nights on two reservations using the same account. I am just concerned if I should make a refundable reservation just in case?
Checking in tomorrow. Parents used one a few days ago already. I don't think this is one to worry about personally, but if you're combining multiple awards would be interesting to hear how it goes.

Last edited by maverick17; Dec 6, 2014 at 1:22 am
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
Checking in tomorrow. Parents used one a few days ago already. I don't think this is one to worry about personally, but if you're combining multiple awards would be interesting to hear how it goes.
You meant multiple consecutive 1-night stays? yeah, that'd be fun, but I think it'd work as hotels won't care really. They got their money from Orbitz
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I think it'd work as hotels won't care really.
I agree.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyingwish
Just mention you have two separate reservations during check in. Worst case scenario they make you check out and then check in again each day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.