Daily Getaways returns - from 6/10 to 7/12 2013

Newb at this.

Are the deals normally that good that it is a big deal? Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Newb at this.

Yes if you can use the deals they are significant so they are good. As with anything beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Newb at this.

I couldn't find last year's thread, but here are 2011 and 2010.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...al-promos.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...way-deals.html
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by darben
Yes if you can use the deals they are significant so they are good. As with anything beauty is in the eye of the beholder
It was pretty good.
But last year is getting significantly harder to get, since more and more people are aware of this.

And sadly, I'll be traveling too on most of those days
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by tomy77
It was pretty good.
But last year is getting significantly harder to get, since more and more people are aware of this.

And sadly, I'll be traveling too on most of those days
They are promising more inventory.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by darben
They are promising more inventory.
Unfortunately, the quality of the deals is almost certain to be inversely proportional to inventory.

The deals were massively overexposed last year, and meant that they were near-impossible to get. My guess is that this year, the deals will be watered down and mediocre, and the hope will be that people are whipped into enough of a frenzy to buy them up anyways.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, the timing sucks. It will already be the summer travel season and -- like many Flyertalkers -- I'll be travelling during many (most?) of those days!
Yay! One less competitor for the hotel points!

Realistically, it was tough last year, and I have very little hope for this year.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by boxo
I think the main thread for 2012 (nearly 600 posts) was in the S.P.A.M. forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...2012-amex.html
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:42 pm

Not all but some of the deals were pretty good last year. But .... it was very very very hard to get some of these. It is fun if you get it ! You feel like a king !
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Newb at this.

The deals are good, in my opinion. One particular way they're good is that you can amass a good amount of points for reasonable or excellent prices without having to travel.

Tip: If you want to play, you should keep your ear to the rail at both their site and here, so you can learn and act quickly when they announce a deal. Maybe keep a calculator handy. It's also an advantage to have an Amex. It's obviously a double-edged sword when people post a new deal here in FlyerTalk or MilePoint. This has ramped up considerably the last rounds because the bloggers have their ears to the rail, and are relaying the information exponentially. You'll have minutes. Maybe under five. The better the deal, the less time, of course. Some deals that aren't as good will hang for a while. Not good to depend on that, though.

With the sages above, I can't fathom why they're waiting this year, unless it's because they're putting together more deals, or fixing the web overload that has occurred, which may be taking a while to set up. ...Benefit of the doubt.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Firewind
Newb at this.

The deals are good, in my opinion. One particular way they're good is that you can amass a good amount of points for reasonable or excellent prices without having to travel.

Tip: If you want to play, you should keep your ear to the rail at both their site and here, so you can learn and act quickly when they announce a deal. Maybe keep a calculator handy. It's also an advantage to have an Amex. It's obviously a double-edged sword when people post a new deal here in FlyerTalk or MilePoint. This has ramped up considerably the last rounds because the bloggers have their ears to the rail, and are relaying the information exponentially. You'll have minutes. Maybe under five. The better the deal, the less time, of course. Some deals that aren't as good will hang for a while. Not good to depend on that, though.

With the sages above, I can't fathom why they're waiting this year, unless it's because they're putting together more deals, or fixing the web overload that has occurred, which may be taking a while to set up. ...Benefit of the doubt.
Better to have an Amex- would prepaid Amex work? Serve? Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:28 pm

Better to have an Amex- would prepaid Amex work? Serve? Thanks
Please feel free to click on the links posted by Scruffy and read them, the reason that Amex card is good will be explained
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:10 pm

Marriott Vacation Club

In the past they offered 5 nights at a Marriott Vacation Club for $750.
I got a 2 BR unit in Maui and another in Kauai and had a great time.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I really hope that they overhaul the entire system. They are not doing their brand any favours by offering for example 300 packages when there will be 20,000 people trying to buy them. Not exactly great PR - 300 happy people, 19,700 angry and frustrated people. We already know the blogs are going to blow this whole scheme out of proportion and make it sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. It was...............2 years ago when it was possible to buy several packages but now if you manage to get just ONE, you still don't get THAT many points/miles and need to source more to achieve a redemption level.

My other concern is that the system they used last year can be easily botted by people who have that skill set. I don't know how to do it myself, but a script can be written that would refresh pages, copy codes from FB and whatever. I hope they invest in a good human verification system.

If they aren't going to offer enough packages so everyone gets one who wants one, then at least make it a raffle or something.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
If they aren't going to offer enough packages so everyone gets one who wants one, then at least make it a raffle or something.
A raffle virtually guarantees that you won't get one. At least with first come first serve you can give yourself an advantage over latecomers by being there at the very first second.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.