BKK Novotel Siam Square: single €11, Oct-Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Novotel Siam Square: single €11, Oct-Dec

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by sl0uch
Did someone just say Soi 18 is a better location than Siam Square? Wow... different strokes for different folks.

I wouldn't call that a better location when it's that far into the soi and Bangkok sois always have bad or no sidewalk. But true that it's the newer building (should be a factor in BKK as new properties are opening all the time) and has free internet.
I guess its a case of preferring Asoke over Siam Square area.

When we go to Bangkok we invariably end up staying around Asoke, because we like that area.

However, if this deals comes through, I guess I will be sampling the delights of Siam Square instead!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, AA, WN, UA, US, WN, BA.
It's amusing to me that Park Plaza Sukhumvit Soi 18 has come up in conversation. I have a 3 night booking there in February using CC points at 15k points per night. I jumped on this deal using the refundable booking.com and booked 2 rooms because of the single occupancy requirement. Thus, I'd be looking at $110 USD all in for the 3 nights/2 rooms. If we stay at the Park Plaza, no free breakfast but the room looks much nicer. This is our first trip to BKK and it does seem the Novotel location is a bit better. Hmmm... decisions, decisions!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just got this "offer" directly from the hotel:
The 50 % discount proposed from our current rates .is quoted .at THB 1,800 ++ or THB 2,119 net inclusive of breakfast for 1 person ( single stay).

So about 3,5x the rate that was offered initially. And still nothing from Booking.com.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Just got this "offer" directly from the hotel:
The 50 % discount proposed from our current rates .is quoted .at THB 1,800 ++ or THB 2,119 net inclusive of breakfast for 1 person ( single stay).
so about $70 all up including 17%(?) tax. Not that fantastic.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
so about $70 all up including 17%(?) tax. Not that fantastic.
Not great. Will be interesting to see if booking.com can organise a better offer or if we'll get the same.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: Just a Dentist :-)
I will wait for booking.com final offer :-)))
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
For those not following the Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park thread, they are honoring the 400 baht rate (~$12) and giving full benefits for Platinums (upgrade, buffet breakfast for 2, free wifi, lounge access), and they even allowed me to CHANGE the date! The mistake rate only worked for a few dates in late Nov so I booked just in case I could use it, which I can't, but they are now letting me change the reservation to Sept. ^^^

I am now double booked with CP and Novotel, so waiting to see if booking.com will offer something before I cancel my Novotel reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:43 pm

YES, The 50 % discount proposed from our current rates is quoted at THB 1,800 ++ or THB 2,119 net inclusive of breakfast for 1 person
The price is based on a single stay quote, one person per room.

Not the best deal. I think im going to pass.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
I personally would not accept this as a mistake fare / rate error excuse that prop out of the email sent.

A wrongly advertised rate would not necessary lead to an offer and subsequent acceptance and confirmation, there were multiple layers of affirmative confirmation from the hotel on the booking rate. Contractually, they have agreed to accept my booking for a consideration.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sl0uch
Did someone just say Soi 18 is a better location than Siam Square? Wow... different strokes for different folks.

I wouldn't call that a better location when it's that far into the soi and Bangkok sois always have bad or no sidewalk. But true that it's the newer building (should be a factor in BKK as new properties are opening all the time) and has free internet.
It might seem to be far but honestly I walk that within 5 min max! It's close to Terminal 21, Asok Station and certain offices that are relevant to me.

As you said, YMMV.

Let's see how booking.com handles this situation however. Maybe all this cheering is for nothing. And btw I can NOT understand people that are booking directly with Accor in these cases. Just doesn't get into my head. Oh well...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Has anyone who booked prepaid through booking.com been charged? The wording on booking.com makes it sound like the prepaid charge will come directly from the hotel and not booking.com. I'm guessing that's why I haven't seen it yet since the hotel is still probably trying to figure out how to deal with the 3rd party bookings.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So who's the first to be staying here?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by lsed
So who's the first to be staying here?
It already happened, 2 days ago, Post #150. ^

Last edited by MrHalliday; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ahh ok that's great. Thanks!

And Mark, you really do trawl through this part of FT!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
October requirement

I continue to try with this, but it looks like I have left it too late.
I agree that the 50% discount is not to be sniffed at.

Any pointers gratefully accepted. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.