Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds cheapest hotels (listed in OTAs)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:01 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

There are promotions from time to time that give a fixed amount of miles for a hotel booking. And there are the voucher deals like the Travelocity one that just came through some weeks ago.

I searched but could not find anything helpful - what are the places with the cheapest hotels in Expedia/ Travelocity?

My list so far (random dates in September) 1 adult/ 1 room on Expedia:

- Cochin $14
- Bangkok $9
- Phuket $9
- Bali $19
- Hanoi $13
- New Delhi $11
- Kolkatta $14
- Pattaya $14
- Krabi $9
- Chongqing $18
- Mexico City $11
- Bogota $14
- BUenos Aires $14
- Bangalore $10 (updated)

Last edited by MightyTravels; Aug 22, 2012 at 1:12 am
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Bangalore and Phuket are the cities I normally try first. $9-10 the last time I checked.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt

How many stars are the hotels we're discussing here? What brands?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:20 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Brand is irrelevant for me. There is a new promotion I found that gives a fixed amount of miles per booking. So finding a VERY low cost hotel would reduce CPM nicely.

There are a number of brand specific threads for cheapest/ most expensive (best) hotel already.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by highman123
Brand is irrelevant for me. There is a new promotion I found that gives a fixed amount of miles per booking. So finding a VERY low cost hotel would reduce CPM nicely.

There are a number of brand specific threads for cheapest/ most expensive (best) hotel already.
Right but where are you getting these points credited to? And how many stars are the hotels that's you've shared, I'd book a couple if they're livable.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:33 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Right but where are you getting these points credited to? And how many stars are the hotels that's you've shared, I'd book a couple if they're livable.
Some look ok, especially the ones in BKK. It's usually 2 stars. When I did backpacking trips $10 was my budget per night and almost always found something agreeable (though some places in Malaysia could have doubled as medieval prison). So as long as you have a sleeping bag and low expectations most places will work for you.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:44 am

Some look ok, especially the ones in BKK. It's usually 2 stars. When I did backpacking trips $10 was my budget per night and almost always found something agreeable (though some places in Malaysia could have doubled as medieval prison). So as long as you have a sleeping bag and low expectations most places will work for you.
Thanks for the info.
I'm looking at doing a backpacking trip in the next couple years, I'll take you're info into account.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF

share promo?

I prefer my throw away stays in the US so weekdays in Atlantic City area can usually be found well under 20 bucks, of course Vegas too.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:34 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redreeper

share promo?

I prefer my throw away stays in the US so weekdays in Atlantic City area can usually be found well under 20 bucks, of course Vegas too.
I will but I first like to verify that it works as intended and for that the cheapest hotel would work wonders
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
This thread is also useful for past promos where you get a fixed discount (e.g. $200 off) for flight+hotel at an OTA that lets you book a hotel unrelated to your flight.

You might check the MR forum for old threads on promos like that. There have been some $300-off and $200-off expedia promos over the past year or two.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:16 am

Can you share this promotion with us?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Warsaw (Poland): Several hostels for 15 $ on Expedia.com
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Warsaw (Poland): Several hostels for 15 $ on Expedia.com
Are those private rooms, or dorm beds?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:41 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Anything over $5 makes no sense for the promotion. If you find a booking for less than that I'll share the 'promo' with you via PM. I have already dine so with 2 FTers here.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

highman123, just to clarify, where do we have to find these hotels that are less than $5/night? Can it be any site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.