Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

What's The Difference b/w "The Hotel Card" vs. "My Hotel Gift Card"? PLUS $50 for $10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's The Difference b/w "The Hotel Card" vs. "My Hotel Gift Card"? PLUS $50 for $10

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA

Hi Everyone,

So the other day I came across another thread about "THE HOTEL CARD"
The HotelCard - $50 for $20 on Saveology -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...saveology.html

While that Deal was dead, apparently the card is issued by a company called The Hotel Card (http://www.thehotelcard.com) which seems to be a subsidiary or something or the other to do with Priceline.

Today while searching for Hotel Deals, I came across another deal for $50 for $10, again on Saveology as well !!
https://www.saveology.com/deals/nati...gift-card-deal
This by a somewhat different company called "My Hotel Gift Card" (located at http://www.myhotelgiftcard.com/)

So while please feel free to enjoy the incredible Deal Find, if anyone has had any experience with this latter company and could kindly shed some light on it and share their thoughts on what the difference is, it would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
The hotel card used to be linked with expedia's system and bookable for rooms above $75.
That limit seems to have been removed now that it is affiliated with price line.com

Never used the Myhotelgiftcard site. $10 for $50 seems like a good deal to me.

Are there any limitations like min. 2 night stay, etc?
How is the variety of selections? I don't mind trying out a few if there are no major caveats

Edit:
States min 2 night stay, so that kinda kills it a little

Searched Singapore, and only 5 hotels - 4 IHG hotels and one Goodwood Park near Orchard Roadm
11 hotels in Barcelona
0 in Phnom Penh or Siam Reap
0 in Ibiza.

I searched Ibiza because it's locations like that that don't really have big chain hotels. I find thats when I use such hotel cards.
So it seems this MHGC is not much of a deal even at $10 for $50

Last edited by lsed; Mar 18, 2012 at 4:53 am
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: HH Silver
Just my experience, but I find these are worthless. I received a free one for $50, and found that the website you must book on is very limited, and inflates the prices. I found I can book on Expedia and elsewhere for less, even using the $50 off.

Soooo, even at free I would not use it.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Just my experience, but I find these are worthless. I received a free one for $50, and found that the website you must book on is very limited, and inflates the prices. I found I can book on Expedia and elsewhere for less, even using the $50 off.

Soooo, even at free I would not use it.

THANKS!!!

Is there some thing out there that you WOULD recommend as worthwhile??
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
THANKS!!!

Is there some thing out there that you WOULD recommend as worthwhile??
The $30 for $80 hotelclub groupon worked great for me, but is gone now. The $100 off 4 night Expedia is still valid. The 10% off Hotels.com. Entertainment book specials. The first one you listed, thehotelcard.com is pretty good also, if it comes available again.

There are lots of things I WOULD recommend. Just not that one.

Last edited by tatterdema; Mar 19, 2012 at 12:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.