Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant with view of Hong Kong Light Show

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Restaurant with view of Hong Kong Light Show

I am trying to find a nice place to eat one night that has an excellent view of the light show. I have heard the name Felix in the Pennisula but seems to be a bit out of my budget. Can anyone recomend a nice place to eat and watch the lightshow? Just looking for International Cuisine.

On a second note is there any real "tourist" attractions near WanCahi and Central that people can recommend?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:44 am

Smile Best night view of restaurants in H.K.

You may go up to the Peak of H.K. Island. A restaurant called Cafe Deco is with breathtaking view of Hong Kong. You may search this name on net, and find all the info.

And go to this site http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/index.jsp for all the attraction places of Hong Kong.

There is not much thing interesting in Wanchai apart from the bar scene. You may go up to the Soho area of Central, where you can find some old alley ways with pebbles on for the street scenes of H.K. It's famous.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
I love the view from Felix of the light show and other options are a little limited for European style food. One possibility would be the Lobby Bar at the Intercontinental (short walk from the Peninsula). Serves light food and drinks so price is more reasonable and you still get a very good view of HK Island.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Hutong Restaurant
1 Peking Rd
28th floor, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

This restaurant has a spectacular view of the HK skyline.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:09 pm

Believe it or not the YMCA Hotel has a great view and a nice restaurant,it's next to the Peninsula
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
[QUOTE=WC111;10204946]You may go up to the Peak of H.K. Island. A restaurant called Cafe Deco is with breathtaking view of Hong Kong. You may search this name on net, and find all the info. QUOTE]

Sorry, but this is a terrible idea for the laser show - you'll get absolutely no view of it from the Peak, and depending on the weather/pollution you might not get any view at all. IMO, best options are all Kowloon side and have pretty much been discussed - Lobby Lounge in the IC would be my preference, followed by Hutong.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:22 pm

I find the light show a bit pointless without the accompanying sound.

Would it not be better to watch the show, then go to a restaurant afterwards?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by salfcl
Hutong Restaurant
1 Peking Rd
28th floor, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon

This restaurant has a spectacular view of the HK skyline.
The sister restaurant call Aqua is also a good choice. I think its one floor down from Hutong. They have both Japanese and Italian in the same space, interesting space, good food and good bar.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 9:46 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by theworld

Would it not be better to watch the show, then go to a restaurant afterwards?
I would have to agree. When I have visitors come to Hong Kong, we will either go out for dinner or drinks beforehand (if not after) in IFC or Soho, then catch the ferry across for the 8pm show. BTW, the bar at the top of the Sheraton dims the lights and has the sound on their speakers.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by theworld
I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and thought that it was pointless WITH the accompanying sound! That show is an absolute trainwreck the way it is. I understand what they're trying to accomplish, but the soundtrack is ridiculous. It's the kind of show where classical music with lots of crescendos would be perfect. But, I totally understand why they would not want to set a signature Hong Kong tourist attraction to Western classical music. So instead, they try to do something uniquely Chinese. But, "classical" or old-school Chinese music wouldn't lend itself to the show, so instead they created their own music, which as far as I can tell is based on classical Chinese music but with a modern flair. They get points for trying, but the result was just awful. I joked at the time that it sounded like a bad attempt of a Chinese knockoff of something else. Maybe it makes sense to someone that was brought up on Canto-pop. It seems to me that it's something that could rather easily be fixed if they wanted to do so.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Decent view at Spoons at the IC. Or even better, just have a drink in the Lobby Lounge.
Old May 18, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Decent view at Spoons at the IC. Or even better, just have a drink in the Lobby Lounge.
Bingo! You beat me to it.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: LH, AB & CX Gold, SIXT Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, etc.
If your budget is not sufficient for the Felix would suggest to first watch the show and have dinner afterwards at a spor of your choice.

A really fantastic option to watch the show an have a drink is the aqualuna (http://www.aqua.com.hk/). They do a 45 min rivercruise during the show for a resonable price. The view is just awesome as you will be able to wach the show on both sides, the island and Kowloon at the same time. I am sure your concierge will be more than happy to reserve some seats for you.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, OZ Diamond, FB Gold, CX MPC
"The Blues by the bay" is also ok. You can sit outside directly at the avenue of stars and see the light show.

www.bluesbythebay.com.hk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.