Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2002, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Hong Kong International Airport

I think my country's airport- HKG is really the best among the world, professional great service, unlike the USA rude airport agents.(not all, but most)It's also beautiful, Very big, very efficient, comfort of being in there, and it's a getaway city in the Asia connects people to a large number of different cities in different continent with a large number of different airlines served.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 5:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk benoît829!

of course you realize that your statement, "HKG is really the best among the world" may produce some arguement.

I'll withold my judgement until I see it for myself for the first time this fall. Looking forward to it.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HKG is awesome. I also think that KUL and SIN are just as great.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
And without doubt the best Airline Lounges anywhere in the world - being The Wing and The Pier. The First Class sections have full restaurants with excellent food and wine; plus relaxation rooms, showers, etc. etc.

Oh, and a Spa, but that isn't free.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 9:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/20...06_95185.shtml
or go to the Skytrax site
Old Jun 28, 2002, 5:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Airport ferries clear for take-off
Keith Wallis

Turbojet, which operates high-speed ferry services between Hong Kong, Macau and the mainland, has teamed up with Chinese shipping firm Chu Kong Shipping to launch ferry services between Chek Lap Kok airport and seven cities in the Pearl River Delta.

The deal was signed yesterday between Hong Kong International Airport Ferry Terminal Services, a 60:40 joint venture between Chu Kong Passenger Transport and Shun Tak-China Travel International Logistics Investment, and the Airport Authority. Turbojet is the trading name of Shun Tak-China Travel.

The contract was awarded following an international tender that is believed to have attracted just a handful of bids. New World Ferry Services, for example, is known not to have tendered.

Under the agreement, the joint company will spend about HK$15 million renovating the existing airport ferry terminal building, currently used for commuter services to Tuen Mun.

The Chu Kong-Turbojet consortium will operate high-speed ferry services between this upgraded facility and seven ports in the Pearl River Delta starting early next year. The ports are expected to include Shenzhen, Shunde and Dongguan.

About 1 million passengers a year are initially forecast to use the new ferry links, with about 50 per cent being new travellers to Chek Lap Kok and the remainder shifting from other transport modes such as cross-boundary buses.

The upgraded ferry terminal will remain in operation until a permanent facility opens at the end of 2005.

Airport Authority commercial director Hans Bakker said: ``This is a major step in making Hong Kong International Airport a truly multi-modal international transport hub. This is an innovative way to extend our local market reach from the 7 million people of Hong Kong to the 26 million people of the Pearl River Delta and beyond.''

Together, Chu Kong Passenger Transport and Shun Tak-China Travel have one of the world's largest fleets of high-speed vessels, operating more than 70 ships and carrying more than 15 million passengers a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.