helicopter in HK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

helicopter in HK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2002, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
helicopter in HK?

I need to arrange a helicopter of the harbour for a friend. Does anyone know how and with whom I should arrange this with?

Thanks.

------------------
Take the road less travelled...but only if it means more miles.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 8:24 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I don't have personal experience with these, being more likely to be on the lower deck of the Star Ferry, but...
http://www.heliservices.com.hk/

http://www.helihongkong.com/version2002/main_set.html

Rich
Old Apr 5, 2002, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
Thanks...I went with the first one.

------------------
Take the road less travelled...but only if it means more miles.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

this is where a good travel agent could be helpful. Otherwise, find out where your friend is staying & have concierge make arrangements
Old Apr 22, 2002, 5:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SIN1K:
I need to arrange a helicopter of the harbour for a friend. Does anyone know how and with whom I should arrange this with?

Thanks.

</font>
There is an amazing amount of helicopter traffic in Hong Kong -- probably the most of any city these days for civilian flights. Including late at night (3 am) for moguls heading home from who knows where. Some of the hotels have heliports (e.g. The Peninsula has one on the roof of their new tower), and transfer from the airport to the hotel by helicopter is available. It is very expensive, though (something like $1K, due to high airport landing fees). Much cheaper to fly around the city instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.