Wiki Posts
Search

Yuu Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum
Yuu Rewards

Anyone who has visited a Wellcome supermarket in HK more than once will probably get the Yuu jingle (set to the music of Uptown Girl) in their head.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of Yuu is and how it is best used, presumably via some convoluted conversion mechanism to Asia Miles?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 11:45 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Anyone who has visited a Wellcome supermarket in HK more than once will probably get the Yuu jingle (set to the music of Uptown Girl) in their head.
You missed the wahahaha phase in 2022.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of Yuu is and how it is best used, presumably via some convoluted conversion mechanism to Asia Miles?
None. You just use it to convert some coupons to offset purchases at Mannings.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The purposes is bragging rights for HK C9s with low self esteem.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tentseller
The purposes is bragging rights for HK C9s with low self esteem.
What's a C9?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:35 pm

Slightly OT, but I suspect the same Yuu program was launched in Singapore about a year back. And every time you enter a Cold Storage or Guardian (equivalent to Manning in HK) you'd hear the irritating Phua Chu Kang character singing "nobody nobody but you". Cringeworthy.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by percysmith
You missed the wahahaha phase in 2022.
That is cruel, now I will remember that that dog bark inducing wail next time I visit Wellcome.

I wonder if Billy Joel has grounds to sue for grevious vocal harm by mutilating his song 'Uptown Girl'?

Don't forget Parkn'Shop (or if you remember 'The World of Lily Wong', - Pay n'Weep) has its own form of audio torture. Though not as bad.
oldchinahand and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by Nicc HK; Jul 7, 2023 at 12:44 am Reason: Fixed broken quote tag
Old Jul 7, 2023, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
What's a C9?
If you know HK enough to ask YUU, then you should know who a C9 is!
:D! likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 6:09 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Slightly OT, but I suspect the same Yuu program was launched in Singapore about a year back. And every time you enter a Cold Storage or Guardian (equivalent to Manning in HK) you'd hear the irritating Phua Chu Kang character singing "nobody nobody but you". Cringeworthy.
I just watched it. Earrape.

Is this being looped on Cold Storage/Guardian? I wonder do staff get eat protector or else only hearing impaired need apply.

I actually visited Donki in Boat Quay during SIN DO, hoping to hear a Singlish version of the Donki jingle. No such luck.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
I just watched it. Earrape.

Is this being looped on Cold Storage/Guardian? I wonder do staff get eat protector or else only hearing impaired need apply.
It was, for a while when they first launched it. But thankfully, no longer these days!
Old Jul 9, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
You can redeem yuu points to cash vouchers that can be used at stores like wellcome, mannings, 7-11,etc.... around 10,000 points to $50.. can just redeem in the app, get a QR code to use in store.. pretty easy..
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
What's a C9?
https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/th...-use-right-now

But no. No asiamiles. Total waste of time and should not be on this part of Flyertalk
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:33 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Hong Kong/Macau forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:16 am

Only know you will get points after spending then sometime you can use those point to exchange for some gifts
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
I once spent like a year collecting yuu points and then got like 20HKD off a purchase.

Just don't ask how the tiny stamp system works; now that's really confusing.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.