Community
Wiki Posts
Search

working in HK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
working in HK

Hi all,

Just recently moved to HK for a new job at the TST area. I would like to meet up the local FT members, if anyone is free. I remember meeting kaka from FT few years ago in Kowloon, not sure if he is still around.

Last edited by Jma12; Jan 23, 2021 at 3:37 am
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Ask again at least 6 months later.

As a friendly reminder - currently any social gathering of more than 2 persons are prohibited by law.
Jma12 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
See you in 6 months
Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Ask again at least 6 months later.

As a friendly reminder - currently any social gathering of more than 2 persons are prohibited by law.
Pretty much this right now lol. I just got back into HK and currently undergoing the lovely 21 day hotel quarentine
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Pretty much this right now lol. I just got back into HK and currently undergoing the lovely 21 day hotel quarentine
I did the 21 days as well! Which hotel are you staying?
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
I did the 21 days as well! Which hotel are you staying?
Mira Moon in CWB. Has been ok so far; 9 nights in so far.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

nice

Mira Moon in CWB. Has been ok so far; 9 nights in so far.
I did it at the FourPoints at Tong Chung, very quite and peaceful. But no heating in the room makes it very cold during some days...
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:02 am

I did it at the FourPoints at Tong Chung, very quite and peaceful. But no heating in the room makes it very cold during some days...
That was what I was going to do when it was 14 days and in a suite, but when it became 21 days had to change to save cost.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

That was what I was going to do when it was 14 days and in a suite, but when it became 21 days had to change to save cost.
Cost me about 20K HKD for 21 days. They added 7 more days the day I left YYZ without notice . I find most hotels are around the same price.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:51 am

Cost me about 20K HKD for 21 days. They added 7 more days the day I left YYZ without notice . I find most hotels are around the same price.
I ended up at the Mira Moon in CWB - today is my 20th day. Was around 31k for 21 days, not too bad and the room has heat and AC
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:20 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Hi all,

Just recently moved to HK for a new job at the TST area. I would like to meet up the local FT members, if anyone is free. I remember meeting kaka from FT few years ago in Kowloon, not sure if he is still around.
Bumping up this thread.....wish I have read this post earlier and tried to arrange a meet up before I left for Shenzhen.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Hi all,

If you're still interested in a meet we could organise a FT HKG yum cha for the first time since 2019.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Isochronous
If you're still interested in a meet we could organise a FT HKG yum cha for the first time since 2019.
Sounds good, I already met a few FTers here while in HK, sent you a message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.