Access to Airport... Regal Airport Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum

Someone told me that people staying at the Airport Regal Hotel can access the airport shops and restaurants. Is that true and if so, how does it work?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Someone told me that people staying at the Airport Regal Hotel can access the airport shops and restaurants. Is that true and if so, how does it work?
We spent a quick overnight there about a month ago (and not impressed, but the convenience was the thing).

I do not remember any direct entry to the airport. Access was through a covered walk-way, and at the airport entrance, they were checking tickets/boarding docs. But I don't think they did anything other than look/verify dates/etc. Point is, I would guess that one could go in, leave later, and then return. However, if most of the shops/restaurants are past Security, then leaving and returning could be a problem.

GC
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Yes - non-sterile area only.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
What if your flights depart the next morning. What do you show them to gain entry?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What if your flights depart the next morning. What do you show them to gain entry?
Boarding Pass.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Stayed at the Regal last week for 2 nights. Security will let you into the airport if you are a guest staying at the Regal even if you do not have a flight that day. You need to show room key AND the paper folder that it comes in which states the dates you are staying at the hotel. Thus you can access the bus stop, airport express and all the shops and restaurants.

BTW it was fantastic, ZERO crowds at Disney, Big Buddha, The Peak and it's Tram.
ESpen36 likes this.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Jan 20, 2020 at 6:05 am Reason: add info
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, this was exactly the information that we needed.
Eagle2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.