UA to UB transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA to UB transfer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
UA to UB transfer

I plan to arrive to HKIA on UA at 6am. Then connect on a separate PNR to UB (Myanmar National Air) at 12:45pm. I'm not sure what I will do during that time. I may be able to access the UA lounge on arrival. I also have Priority Pass so I can go to the Plaza Premium lounge. I believe there is a 3hr max so I don't know if they'll let me in that early or if I can exit then goto a different Plaza Premium lounge.

UB flies out of the mid-field terminal, can I just go directly to their gate? I'm not sure if they have a transfer desk and I don't think they offer web-checkin. I may need to check a bag depending on their requirements.

If I am forced to leave the transit area to checkin, am I able to stay in the transit area for a few hours before exiting (to access a lounge) or will I be forced to leave immediately?

Last edited by eng3; Oct 16, 2019 at 9:51 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:34 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
In HKG, departing and arriving passengers are segregated so you can only access a lounge once you are checked in and have gone through transit security, or immigration + landside check-in + security + emigration.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by eng3
I may be able to access the UA lounge on arrival.
Unlikely in your case.

UC HKG is a departure-only lounge (as arrival access is not possible logistically). When UA allows certain passengers to have UC access as arrival, this is not one of the instance.

I believe there is a 3hr max so I don't know if they'll let me in that early or if I can exit then goto a different Plaza Premium lounge.
It is not enforced.

UB flies out of the mid-field terminal, can I just go directly to their gate? I'm not sure if they have a transfer desk and I don't think they offer web-checkin. I may need to check a bag depending on their requirements.
There are designated transfer security checkpoints. You will have to pass through there.

If I am forced to leave the transit area to checkin, am I able to stay in the transit area for a few hours before exiting (to access a lounge) or will I be forced to leave immediately?
This is argumentative. But I would say you can't stay unless you don't have an ongoing BP.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
AH, I forgot about transit security and the BP check.
That answers that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.