Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Tailor recommendations...

Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Will likely make quarterly, if not more, visits to HK the next several years.

Any recommendations for a bespoke tailor (not even sure if they still exist in HK today), one where the tailor cuts a unique pattern for the client, not the made to measure stuff. Preference for one who is SR trained, and may, somewhat, mimic the English drape style. I have some bespoke A&S jackets (needs touching up, since my tailor passed away about 10 years ago) that I can wear with me to illustrate the preference and fit.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Visconti
Will likely make quarterly, if not more, visits to HK the next several years.

Any recommendations for a bespoke tailor (not even sure if they still exist in HK today), one where the tailor cuts a unique pattern for the client, not the made to measure stuff. Preference for one who is SR trained, and may, somewhat, mimic the English drape style. I have some bespoke A&S jackets (needs touching up, since my tailor passed away about 10 years ago) that I can wear with me to illustrate the preference and fit.

Thanks.
With all due respect, there are several tailor threads in this HK forum, including one that is several hundred posts long with recommendations.

You get what you pay for in HK. Everyone reputable goes through the 3 stage bespoke process.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
You get what you pay for in HK. Everyone reputable goes through the 3 stage bespoke process.
This is helpful. Thanks.

With equal respect, I'd rather ask the question than spending the time to forage through 100s of pagers in a thread. I phrased my question in a way that it's pretty clear the kind of recommendation I'm seeking. Those with insights on a name will hopefully kindly provide one. If not, I have no issues with my questions going unanswered or ignored.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
There was this recent thread discussing lower end:
Tailors: Dream, Refinery, Fascino, Jantzen and William Cheng
and the thread referred to above with some excellent recommendations and discussion especially with regard to the old guard high end:
Hong Kong Tailor?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
OP, what’s your budget?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Ah, around, say, $2.5 - $3K usd per, all things being equal. Anything north of that, I'd probably opt for NY/London/Naples, but would rather not have to travel purely for something like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:36 pm

A-Man Hing Cheong Co Ltd--by far my favorite tailor in Hong Kong. I have been using them for over 30 years. Located in Mandarin Hotel Arcade
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sugarbird
A-Man Hing Cheong Co Ltd--by far my favorite tailor in Hong Kong. I have been using them for over 30 years. Located in Mandarin Hotel Arcade
Many thanks. Will check it out the next time I'm there.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I've had good luck using Danny's which is behind the Sheraton Home
Low-end bespoke but very well executed. Price depends on the fabric but top notch Zegna fabric comes to about USD 2000 per suit. Can be half that for lesser fabric. I've had over a dozen suits made and you can even order by email if your measurements have not changed. I'm fussy about tailoring and have had good luck with Danny's. Not a fancy shop but they can get just about any fabric (even those on quota).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.