Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Any arrival lounges at HKG? What to do if I arrive very early at HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

So I'm thinking of booking a CX flight from Singapore to Hong Kong that departs at about 1 AM in the morning and arriving at 5 AM. This will save me time even though it'll probably be very exhasting. The problem is that the hotel check in times are much later in the day. And there's not a whole lot to do at 5 AM in the morning. I read that HKG have an arrival lounge. Can I use my Priority Pass to get in there and hang out for 2-3 hours before departing for the city centre and maybe dump my suitcase at a hotel? If not, what can I do at HKG for an hour or two before there's light outside?

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:35 am

There's a Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge that's open 24 hours. It's at Level 3, Arrivals Level, Terminal 2 (non-restricted area) so you'll have to take the walkway from Terminal 1. https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...premium-lounge

CX does have an arrival lounge for First and Business passengers that opens at 05:00. It can also be used by some Marco Polo Club members and oneworld frequent flyers.

Unfortunately HKG is not like SIN, which has loads of things to do. There are some arts and cultural stuff to wander through, but IMAX, the Aviation Discovery Centre, etc. open later.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
There's a Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge that's open 24 hours. It's at Level 3, Arrivals Level, Terminal 2 (non-restricted area) so you'll have to take the walkway from Terminal 1. https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...premium-lounge

CX does have an arrival lounge for First and Business passengers that opens at 05:00. It can also be used by some Marco Polo Club members and oneworld frequent flyers.

Unfortunately HKG is not like SIN, which has loads of things to do. There are some arts and cultural stuff to wander through, but IMAX, the Aviation Discovery Centre, etc. open later.
That's awesome. I guess I'll book that flight then. I'm ok with only 4 hours of sleep for that day. lol. I just need to show them my Priority Pass to get in and that's it? Usually they want to see a departure ticket, but in this case, I'm arriving, so what do I do?

Unfortunately I'm not a member of MPC nor do I have status with any other OW carrier.

Just going slightly off-topic, how do I search or are there any other arrival lounges in the world? Sometimes it would be nice to enter a lounge after a long flight.

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
The CX arrival lounge is a pretty miserable experience and not at all aligned with the rest of the CX lounges. Poor food choice, mega long wait for the showers, no natural light and not good air quality.

I've only peered through the door but the PP lounge looks better!

More generally for oneworld I've found the arrival lounges are much less consistent about access than the departure ones.

There is an old Oz biz traveller article here that talks about it a bit.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
That's awesome. I guess I'll book that flight then. I'm ok with only 4 hours of sleep for that day. lol. I just need to show them my Priority Pass to get in and that's it? Usually they want to see a departure ticket, but in this case, I'm arriving, so what do I do?
it's fine, I have used the HKG PP arrival lounge after a redeye (12am-5am). you do need to show your original boarding pass

it's meant to be an arrivals lounge. food options isn't good in the early morning (mostly snacks, drinks and coffee machine, no line for shower). stayed there until the first bus starts (~6am)

if you take the airport express, some major airport express stations have (expensive) baggage storage. or you can leave it at your hotel

you have to manually search the PP/lounge websites for arrival lounges. i know LHR T2&T4 have it (also by Plaza Premium, pretty good), Narita has some landside lounges that you can access on arrival (but very basic)

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=Hong%20Kong

Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrivals, Terminal 2)
This is the world's first arrival lounge. This lounge facility is designed specifically for travellers arriving into the Hong Kong International Airport.

Located directly after the arrival hall, the facility offers a spectrum of services and equipments to enable our guests to rest and relax while at the airport. You can enjoy business centre facilities, internet work stations what are Wi-Fi enabled, comfortable seating, shower facilities, a la carte food, private resting area, massage and spa service, and a great selection of international cuisine.

The lounge is designed to cater to arriving travellers who may need a place to refresh ahead of going into the city. This is also ideal for guests who arrive early and cannot check in to their hotel or guests who require a space to work.
MTR > Airport Express stations
HK station stop

Left Baggage Service - 6:00 am – 1:00 am daily

Last edited by paperwastage; Oct 6, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:46 am

So I have free access to the Plaza Premium Lounge via Priority Pass. It looks like I need to book the Private Resting Area for USD $90

For the private resting area, can my wife and I share, or do we need separate reservations? Or can I “sneak” her into my room?

Just to confirm, the resting area includes a shower?

And FYI, here is the cancellation policy:
Cancellation and Amendments
  1. For bookings including Private Resting Area and/or Transit Hotel Room, cancellations/amendments must be made no later than 24 hours before the booked usage or check-in time. A fee of USD10 per person or 25% of the total booking amount, whichever is higher, is payable;
  2. All other services: Cancellation/amendments may be made up to 6 hours before the indicated usage/arrival time. A fee of USD10 per person is payable.

Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:42 am

With some of the 3 star hotels and above, if you have a booking, they normally let you shower (usually in the gym facilities) and dump your luggage no matter your time of arrival. Just inform them ahead of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.