Wiki Posts
Search

E channel at HKG with expired passport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:31 am
Original Poster

E channel at HKG with expired passport

Hey

i have the e channel access at HGK being a UA frequent flyer with multiple arrivals and HKG.

my passport just expired (still carry it as it has my mainland visa). Can I still use e channel on my next visit or do I need to go get them to transfer my new passport?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
You can still use it with your old passport but once you've gone through the gate, find an officer (there's always one behind the gates) and tell him/her that you got a new passport and would like to transfer the bar code (along with all your info) to your new passport. The process should only take a few minutes.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:43 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
What kittiyut said. Take your old passport with you for an easy transfer. I went through this a year or so ago.

And for the record, HK Immigration and Customs officials are among the most friendly, genuine and helpful people out there. They are sincerely happy that you are visiting their country (okay, Special Administrative Region of the PRC). When I moved initially from the HKIA "Frequent Visitor Card" to the e-Channel, I even told the guy--"you folks are nicer and more welcoming than those agents of my own country".
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

awesome! thank you guys!
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:24 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the Hong Kong forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Agree with that - it's 100x more pleasant visiting through HKG e-Channel than it is to deal with US agents as a US citizen.

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
What kittiyut said. Take your old passport with you for an easy transfer. I went through this a year or so ago.

And for the record, HK Immigration and Customs officials are among the most friendly, genuine and helpful people out there. They are sincerely happy that you are visiting their country (okay, Special Administrative Region of the PRC). When I moved initially from the HKIA "Frequent Visitor Card" to the e-Channel, I even told the guy--"you folks are nicer and more welcoming than those agents of my own country".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.