Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

How many days for second fitting?

Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Short trip to HK in January. I'd like to get some work clothes tailored while I'm there. No suits, just slacks and shirts. I've been told not to bother with a tailor Unless I have time for a second fitting. How many days do I need to allow in order to get this accomplished. I will be leaving on the 29th of Jan...mentioning this as Chinese New Year may be a factor
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
When is your arrival

Jan 28 is New Years day, my rule of thumb is nothing important the week before and the week of.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:37 pm

You can expect a small shop like a tailor's to be closed for three days at least; and if they're a very traditional place -- and have had a good year -- they might close for a week. Not to mention early closing on CNY Eve.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
Jan 28 is New Years day, my rule of thumb is nothing important the week before and the week of.
Jan 24th. Sounds like maybe I need to do this next trip.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by 889
You can expect a small shop like a tailor's to be closed for three days at least; and if they're a very traditional place -- and have had a good year -- they might close for a week. Not to mention early closing on CNY Eve.
It is not the official closing of 3 to 7 days, you also need to consider the working mindset of the workers before the holidays.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the input. I'll plan doing this next time. For planning purposes, how many days should I allow given non-holiday travel times? I'll assume I need to plan week days and not count weekend days?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.