Destinations

Asia

Hong Kong and Macau

Macau: Coloane Karting Track

Old May 13, 16, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have experience with rental go-karts at the Coloane Karting Track?

Name:  macau-gokart-track.jpg
Views: 7860
Size:  73.2 KB

The racetrack design looks fun but I could not find any information about the go-karts available for rental. I was hoping they would have a few 2-stroke engines for rent. Do they?

Also, this is quite disconcerting:
Users must have a valid driving license
If I go there, it will be the first time I have to show my day-to-day driving license to race at a track. (They surely accept EU licenses, don't they?)
Old May 13, 16, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
In HK & Macau only a minority of people have driving licences, hence the comment. I'm sure an EU licence would be no problem.
Old May 13, 16, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christep View Post
In HK & Macau only a minority of people have driving licences, hence the comment. I'm sure an EU licence would be no problem.
They should not ask for a driving license at all. It is a racing track, not a road. Anyway, that's beside the point. Do you know about the fleet they use for rental?
Old May 14, 16, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by christep View Post
Originally Posted by mmff View Post
They should not ask for a driving license at all. It is a racing track, not a road. Anyway, that's beside the point. Do you know about the fleet they use for rental?
The point of the licences is to verify you know how to drive and passed examinations verifying it.

If you have done any serious competitive carting in EU or North America I would not wait my time, money at these places.
Old May 14, 16, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
If you have done any serious competitive carting in EU or North America I would not wait my time, money at these places.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Old Nov 20, 22, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
The point of the licences is to verify you know how to drive and passed examinations verifying it.

Makes no sense to me at all been karting back home in the UK several times per year since I was about 13 (I am 29 now) with some locations with karts that can reach speeds of 60/70mph although most tracks have karts that only reach 30/40mph I have plenty of karting experience and more often than not better than people that turn up in there cars, I'm in Macau for the month and decided it'd be great to pay the local karting here a visit but I can't because I don't have a driving licence back home? Absolute nonsense 🤣

Search this Thread