Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Macau: Coloane Karting Track

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Macau: Coloane Karting Track

Does anyone have experience with rental go-karts at the Coloane Karting Track?

Name:  macau-gokart-track.jpg
Views: 7860
Size:  73.2 KB

The racetrack design looks fun but I could not find any information about the go-karts available for rental. I was hoping they would have a few 2-stroke engines for rent. Do they?

Also, this is quite disconcerting:
Users must have a valid driving license
If I go there, it will be the first time I have to show my day-to-day driving license to race at a track. (They surely accept EU licenses, don't they?)
Old May 13, 2016, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
In HK & Macau only a minority of people have driving licences, hence the comment. I'm sure an EU licence would be no problem.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christep
In HK & Macau only a minority of people have driving licences, hence the comment. I'm sure an EU licence would be no problem.
They should not ask for a driving license at all. It is a racing track, not a road. Anyway, that's beside the point. Do you know about the fleet they use for rental?
Old May 14, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by christep
Originally Posted by mmff
They should not ask for a driving license at all. It is a racing track, not a road. Anyway, that's beside the point. Do you know about the fleet they use for rental?
The point of the licences is to verify you know how to drive and passed examinations verifying it.

If you have done any serious competitive carting in EU or North America I would not wait my time, money at these places.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
If you have done any serious competitive carting in EU or North America I would not wait my time, money at these places.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:45 am

Deleted

Last edited by Onedouble93; Jan 28, 2023 at 10:34 am Reason: Deleted
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:21 am

traveled with my helmet until literally my last trip, lol. have kart all the tracks in thailand and UAE, except one near dubai which i did reach - but had flooded.

fyi you can run out of an airport and do a kart track in HHQ, AMM, MCT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.