Wiki Posts
Search

Eligible Room Rates?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Eligible Room Rates?

Not sure if this is the right place, please move if required, but here goes. We will be travelling from Paris to Auckland next Feb via Hong Kong (with CX in business class) where we will have a 4 night stopover on the way out and a 2 night stopover on the way back. We have joined the Marco Polo Club and the Asia Miles earned will be about 29000 so we thought that booking an Asia Miles partner hotel would be a good idea as the miles gained will take us to the next Asia Miles level. I have looked at the various hotel sites listed in the Asia Miles partners list and all say that I can earn miles by booking a room at an "eligible rate" but there is no indication on either the Asia Miles site or the individual hotel sites as to what an "eligible rate" is. I don't want to book a hotel through one of the common booking services or my travel agent and then find that the rate booked is not eligible. Can someone more knowledgeable help me out and maybe make some suggestions about a decent hotel in Kowloon that will enable me to earn maximum miles (I think £200 will be the maximum I'd want to spend per night).

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Lussac; May 18, 2015 at 4:17 am Reason: spelling
Old May 18, 2015, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Some misunderstanding here: miles earned on hotel stays do not count towards status levels in the Marco Polo Club - only miles earned on CX and oneworld flights in eligible classes do that.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Ahh, I see yes I completely mis-understood that. Many thanks for the reply, It's a shame that the miles earned for the flights is 29000 and the next level is 30000, oh well c'est la vie!
Old May 19, 2015, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
You might want to consider if Asia miles is the best scheme for you. You can go for any one world plan although be mindful of qualifying flight requirements.

Time it right and with another EUR 200 or so each you could get silver status on BA for almost two years....
Old May 21, 2015, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks Tony, I'll have a think about what we should do.

It's been a long time since I've done any serious travelling and got up to Gold with BA in 1991/2/3 then changed jobs and the travelling fell to just about zero after that so getting back into what's on offer is proving a bit confusing at times. We already joined Marco Polo as we will be doing a couple of trips to NZ early and late 2016 and my wife has just returned from a trip using CX but wasn't a member as she thought that getting the miles would be automatic! Anyway, she was a couple of weeks outside the period when the miles could be claimed which was a shame.

Last edited by Lussac; May 21, 2015 at 5:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.