Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Staying in Hong Kong: Recommendations and Suggestion much appreciated :-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staying in Hong Kong: Recommendations and Suggestion much appreciated :-)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 12:43 am

(Government rent applies to properties on both sides of the harbour, but in general only to buildings completed after the mid-1980s, when the Government started including annual land rent as a condition in new and modified leases. Special rules apply in the New Territories. Everyone of course pays rates.)

Last edited by 889; May 1, 2015 at 1:32 am
Old May 4, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Causeway Bay is on the "wrong side" for "the view". But if OFFlyer just wants "a harborview", Excelsior is fine, the Harbour Grand in Fortress Hill is fine with his budget. Both close to MTR. On the Kowloon side, the Kowloon Shangri-La may not cost much more than Shearton's Tower Harbourview room. Or there is Hong Kong Hotel near the Star Ferry for a different angle. Both a bit further from the MTR than the Sheraton. Or just behind the Sheraton, the taller and newer Rhombus Panorama for the same view as the Sheraton. And likely cheaper, the Salisbury next to the Peninsula.

And of course, on the island, there's also the Grand Hyatt, though to me too far from the MTR. And the Wan Chai Star Ferry is now further away than before.
Thanks - spot on. I prefer the Kowloon side - and the Sheraton fits the bill. Currently at HKD 2,400 per night plus taxes for a habour view. Just thought I might be challenged on my convetional choice. Will explore the alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.