Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice Honeymoon hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MickV
If you contact the Rhombus they are normally very good in trying to do a deal with you.
Thanks, they did reply to me. Offered Executive Club Harbourview Suite with extra discount is HK$1592 + 10% discount. However the gym is being refurbished and no pool. Not that we wold go to gym but perhaps pool, but still not the whole world. I assume its an ok price

Last edited by Polomarc; Aug 12, 2014 at 3:20 am
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Thanks, they did reply to me. Offered Executive Club Harbourview Suite with extra discount is HK$1592 + 10% discount. However the gym is being refurbished and no pool. Not that we wold go to gym but perhaps pool, but still not the whole world. I assume its an ok price
I think that is an excellent price for what you are getting.

At the end of the day you have a great harbour view, lounge access and a very central hotel all very not very much money by HKG standards.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, decided to go with Rhombus
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Thanks all, decided to go with Rhombus
Good choice I like staying there as it is close to Nathan Road and public transport. Some good local cheap places to eat and lots of bars in the area to visit at night. Also a good mango dessert place about 50 meters from the hotel.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brucelee
Good choice I like staying there as it is close to Nathan Road and public transport. Some good local cheap places to eat and lots of bars in the area to visit at night. Also a good mango dessert place about 50 meters from the hotel.
Cheers, love Mango
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Mango place is probably 許留山 Hui Lau Shan.

If you want more authentic Chinese desserts there is "Honeymoon"
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by tentseller
Mango place is probably 許留山 Hui Lau Shan.

If you want more authentic Chinese desserts there is "Honeymoon"
許留山 Hui Lau Shan that is further up the street. Dont know the name of the place I am recommending but it is a one man band place- though it is quite famous as they have pictures of HK celebs eating their.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by brucelee
許留山 Hui Lau Shan that is further up the street. Dont know the name of the place I am recommending but it is a one man band place- though it is quite famous as they have pictures of HK celebs eating their.
I know that place too as my DD is a mango fan. The name just escaped me. It look more traditional HK than hip touristy look.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Brief update

First impression, a lot of people and organized chaos. People are nice and never seen so many watch shops, is it so much cheaper?

Thanks everybody for the hotel recommendation, amazing view. Only thing is now salty nuts in the room fridge

I walked passed the Mango place so will try it out.

Tomorrow we are going for some guided tours, hope to see the most important things and visit some nice restaurant
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...never seen so many watch shops, is it so much cheaper?...
No, watches are not a bargain in Hong Kong but there is high demand from mainland china for genuine high end watches (maybe as an investment). Also take a look at the Chinese jewelry stores, they are astonishing. Jade necklaces for GBP 100,000 and up for example, as well as gold in amazing quantities sold by weight. 10kg solid gold Winnie the pooh statues are particularly popular.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
No, watches are not a bargain in Hong Kong but there is high demand from mainland china for genuine high end watches (maybe as an investment). Also take a look at the Chinese jewelry stores, they are astonishing. Jade necklaces for GBP 100,000 and up for example, as well as gold in amazing quantities sold by weight. 10kg solid gold Winnie the pooh statues are particularly popular.
That explained and when we told tbe guy on the street we only want real watches he said u are crazy

The Qantas lounge at the airport was one of the nicest I have been to, really impressive
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
...The Qantas lounge at the airport was one of the nicest I have been to, really impressive
Recently opened as a combined J/F lounge, with Rockpool elements. QF has opened similar style J lounges in SIN and LAX, plus has even more lavish F lounges in a few places. QF does lounges fairly well at outstations, unlike some airlines who only have stellar home airport lounges (CX used to be shocking for example).

Hong Kong is a great city for enjoying life, at all price points. Helps to have half of the best hotels in the world competing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.