Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Carry on check at the gate for flights to the US.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on check at the gate for flights to the US.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by idiparker
FWIW we had the secondary check for a US-bound flight, eventhough we stopped first in Narita (and nearly everyone got off). So if you are on a US-bound flight, or a short hop that continues on to the USA, expect the carry on check.
... or ANY flight operated by a US carrier that originates at a non-US airport, regardless of destination. The flight doesn't need to be continuing on to the US in order to get the special treatment.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: most of them
When I ran into this ridiculous security last year on my PEK-IAD flight at least one person ahead of me just put their bottle of water in their coat pocket and was able to get it on without issue. Which just goes to show how pointless this "security" is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.