Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Top Hong Kong restaurants that suit dining alone...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Heading to Hong Kong, as i do every year for a trade show. This time i am there for a bit longer, i have 4 nights of business dinners, a night out with some old friends, which leaves two nights.

I quite like my own company so i'm wondering if there are any really good, maybe top end restaurants that are good for people dining alone. I don't like sitting at a table on my own, so if there is some informal 'bar' type like eating area, that would be great. Roka is perfect for this, but wondering if there are others.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: CX Diamond
The one that immediately comes to mind is L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the Landmark

http://www.robuchon.hk/rweb/index.html
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I enjoy eating at the bar in Mortons when I am by myself.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mdevans
The one that immediately comes to mind is L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the Landmark

http://www.robuchon.hk/rweb/index.html
Not a fan of Mr Robuchon i'm afraid, but thanks anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MickV
I enjoy eating at the bar in Mortons when I am by myself.
Is that in the Sheraton !
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by paxx
Is that in the Sheraton !

It is indeed. I quite enjoy having a drink in the sky lounge upstairs then heading down for a meal. Then crossing the road for a quick drink in Felix and using their toliet! One of the best views in HK!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found a dim sum place near Happy Valley (in fact, just up the street from where the trolleys to Happy Valley turn around) that is open until 10pm and not very crowded since most folks eat dim sum no later than lunchtime. It's moderately priced, but dim sum is a HK signature food well worth having. Maybe someone else knows the name of the place, as I recall it's part of a mini-chain with a few locations.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It is indeed. I quite enjoy having a drink in the sky lounge upstairs then heading down for a meal. Then crossing the road for a quick drink in Felix and using their toliet! One of the best views in HK!
Been in the Sky Lounge many times ! Fantastic !
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
The toilet is one of the best views in HK? Wow, that must be some toilet!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I can honestly say that I always have the best view whenever I look down in front of a urinal.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:38 am

Dim Sum!

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I found a dim sum place near Happy Valley (in fact, just up the street from where the trolleys to Happy Valley turn around) that is open until 10pm and not very crowded since most folks eat dim sum no later than lunchtime. It's moderately priced, but dim sum is a HK signature food well worth having. Maybe someone else knows the name of the place, as I recall it's part of a mini-chain with a few locations.
I believe that your restaurant is called Dim Sum and is on Sing Wo Rd in Happy Valley. It's near impossible to get to eat there by 11 AM, but later in the day tends to slow down.

It's a bit different from the hustle and bustle of the other dim sum places with the carts weaving between tables with new things to try and lots of noise, but nevertheless, one of the best Dim Sum places in Hong Kong.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Not sure if this is totally related, but I was once having dinner with my wife in Harlans at the IFC and I noticed that the guy sitting at the table next to us was washing his dinner down with a half bottle of Petrus. I never even knew such a thing existed and was somehow impressed and appalled all at the same time
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by georgemcbride
I believe that your restaurant is called Dim Sum and is on Sing Wo Rd in Happy Valley. It's near impossible to get to eat there by 11 AM, but later in the day tends to slow down.

It's a bit different from the hustle and bustle of the other dim sum places with the carts weaving between tables with new things to try and lots of noise, but nevertheless, one of the best Dim Sum places in Hong Kong.
Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Not sure if this is totally related, but I was once having dinner with my wife in Harlans at the IFC and I noticed that the guy sitting at the table next to us was washing his dinner down with a half bottle of Petrus. I never even knew such a thing existed and was somehow impressed and appalled all at the same time
In other words, you were Petrus-fied!

Even though HK tries to be stricter about counterfeits, it's still China and this could have been a fake.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
was somehow impressed and appalled all at the same time
Appalled at what? The fact that he couldn't afford a full bottle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.