Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments about Best Western

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Comments about Best Western

We are planning to be in HK for 11 days in late Oct.
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Best Western in Shenzhen Felicity? The price is good - AAA rate mid $70's US which inc. breakfast. They say the train station is across the street. The US reservation agent did know the travel time to the center of the city. She also said we were "limited to an 8 day reservation" - are they afraid I won't leave?
Your knowledge is appreciated. Being retired my budget and walking range is limited. Thanks !!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
You are planning to stay in Shenzhen but going into HK each day? Time for going through 4 immigrations and the commute aside, do you have enough room on your passport for all the stamps - 4 each day - you're going to get if you're using just a foreign passport and visa?

Yes, the hotel is directly across from the Shenzhen Railway station (for trains to other parts of China, and not HK) and is definitely walkable to the border, but since you mentioned "limited walking range", have you also considered the amount of time you're going to be standing in line to go through the 4 immigration counters each day?

The total walking distance from that hotel to the MTR East Rail platform on the HK side will be about half a mile.

Last edited by rkkwan; Mar 12, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks rkkwan.......I guess it is time to buy a guide book
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If you are staying in Shenzhen just to save $$$ on HKG hotels you need to consider your time and the cost of transportation into HKG proper. Not to mention your need for a multiple entry PRC visa. The time in line for passport/visa entry and exit can get very long in the morning and evening.

For a budget travel hotel you should head into any of the "Chinatown" in the Bay area and price out a trip package with "discounted" airfare. These agencies buy tickets and hotel rooms in bulk and often are much cheaper. The only catch is that the ticket and room stays might not qualify for mileage/stay credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.