Wiki Posts
Search

Can US Citizen get a Shenzhen Visa?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:42 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by moondog
Why not get a full featured visa? If you grab one in the US, the cost is only $140. In HK, you're looking at around $400 total (applying by yourself at the consulate is an option in theory, but I've yet to meet anyone who's snagged a good visa using this route since 10 years came into effect). During the handful of brief periods during the past 10 years when US citizens were eligible for Shenzhen visas, the price was the same as other visas.
US$400?

When I've used Forever Bright over in East TST (three times, most recently in 2014), it was around US$210-220. Sometimes they have coupons on their website.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can US Citizen get a Shenzhen Visa?

I know you can do a group tour without getting a visa in advance, perhaps they have shopping-specific trips? You'd have to stay with the group presumably.

A handful of years ago I did a day trip to Shenzhen and Guangzhou on a tour bus (we took train back from GZ).
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I know you can do a group tour without getting a visa in advance, perhaps they have shopping-specific trips? You'd have to stay with the group presumably.

A handful of years ago I did a day trip to Shenzhen and Guangzhou on a tour bus (we took train back from GZ).
I thought the group tour thing only applied to Hainan Island. More info would be very interesting, if you have it.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:03 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I thought the group tour thing only applied to Hainan Island. More info would be very interesting, if you have it.
I was just reading about this stuff yesterday:

From the NY Consulate--

"2. Visiting the Pearl River Delta or Hainan Island

A foreign citizen holding an ordinary passport issued by any country with diplomatic relations with China is exempted from a visa if he/she is already in HKSAR or Macao SAR and joins a tourist group organized by a travel agency, which is registered in HKSAR or Macao SAR, for a visit to the Pearl River Delta region (including Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou) and his/her stay is no more than 6 days."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.