Community
Wiki Posts
Search

disneyland advice needed....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
disneyland advice needed....

will be in hong kong later this month & my wife decided we have to go to disneyland while we are there....i don't have much say in the matter so some advice would be helpful....

we will be staying at the conrad....how far is disney land from this property????what would be the best way to get there????would one day be enough????thanks in advance for all the answers....
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Get a taxi to Hong Kong station (where the airport express goes from), cost $20. Catch the Tung Chung line to Sunny Bay then change for the Disneyland resort line. Total travel time a little under an hour (depends on the Tung Chung train which goes every 10 mins). If you're really price sensitive then get the MTR from Admiralty (which is downstairs from the Conrad) then transfer at Central, walking about 7-10 minute to HK station (underground in airconned tunnels) for the Tung Chung line.

Half a day is enough. It is minuscule compared to the Disneylands in the US. I recommend going in the afternoon and staying for the fireworks which are currently at 7:30pm. So arriving by about 2pm (or even 3pm) should give you plenty of time.

Do not on any account be tempted to stay and eat dinner at the hotels or restaurants there - they are truly awful.

Last edited by christep; Mar 7, 2010 at 6:49 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just a side note. There's a special ticket for round trip Disney access avaliable from the customer service center
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by christep
Get a taxi to Hong Kong station (where the airport express goes from), cost $20. Catch the Tung Chung line to Sunny Bay then change for the Disneyland resort line. Total travel time a little under an hour (depends on the Tung Chung train which goes every 10 mins). If you're really price sensitive then get the MTR from Admiralty (which is downstairs from the Conrad) then transfer at Central, walking about 7-10 minute to HK station (underground in airconned tunnels) for the Tung Chung line.

Half a day is enough. It is minuscule compared to the Disneylands in the US. I recommend going in the afternoon and staying for the fireworks. So arriving by about 2pm should give you plenty of time.

Do not on any account be tempted to stay and eat dinner at the hotels or restaurants there - they are truly awful.
thanks again christep....i think the taxi option sounds good....will definitely stay for the fireworks....
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just a side note. There's a special ticket for round trip Disney access avaliable from the customer service center
which customer service center????at the hong kong station????
Old Mar 7, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by saad
which customer service center????at the hong kong station????
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/products_index.html

It's available at any station's customer service center. However the normal single trip ticket seems to be cheaper @ 23.5 HKD per way
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's available at any station's customer service center. However the normal single trip ticket seems to be cheaper @ 23.5 HKD per way
you think it may be cheaper & quicker to just take a cab, as compared to buying 2 one way tickets????
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by saad

you think it may be cheaper & quicker to just take a cab, as compared to buying 2 one way tickets????
Cab-ing to Disneyland will cost you 250 which includes tunnle and bridge fee. I meant getting 2 single journey ticket will marginally cheaper than the Disney special ticket, and quite cheap compare with cab-ing all the way from Conrad.

Last edited by ChrisLi; Mar 7, 2010 at 5:56 pm
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: MPC

Half a day is enough. It is minuscule compared to the Disneylands in the US. I recommend going in the afternoon and staying for the fireworks which are currently at 7:30pm. So arriving by about 2pm (or even 3pm) should give you plenty of time.

Of course half a day is enough, if you want one ride and perhaps a quick eat.

I have a season pass, I drive there. With half a day you can queue for 1 ride and queue for a meal at perhaps the corner cafe or future world. Then that's it, your half day is over.

Or seeing as you've bothered to travel there all the way from the Conrad, you could perhaps spend a whole day, arriving at 10:30, getting yourself some fast passes, queuing for some rides you may or may not be excited avout, get lunch, go for more rides, or pop on the shuttle to one of the hotels for some drinks, returning to the park in front of the castle for the fireworks at 7:30.

Just a suggestion, but not for me though, I'm quite sick of it.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

so i guess i'm looking at hkd 20 for the cab (from conrad to hong kong station) & then 2 single one way tickets will cost me hkd 47....so a total of hkd 67 as compared to hkd 250 for the cab....looks like its the first option for me....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:30 am

saad, why? It's a holiday isn't it?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thursday
Of course half a day is enough, if you want one ride and perhaps a quick eat.

I have a season pass, I drive there. With half a day you can queue for 1 ride and queue for a meal at perhaps the corner cafe or future world. Then that's it, your half day is over.

Or seeing as you've bothered to travel there all the way from the Conrad, you could perhaps spend a whole day, arriving at 10:30, getting yourself some fast passes, queuing for some rides you may or may not be excited avout, get lunch, go for more rides, or pop on the shuttle to one of the hotels for some drinks, returning to the park in front of the castle for the fireworks at 7:30.

Just a suggestion, but not for me though, I'm quite sick of it.
i believe you....i used to live in california & i've lost count of the number of times i had to accompany visiting friends & relatives to disneyland....quite sick of it myself....my wife on the other hand has never been to any disney park & inner child in her wants to experience this in hong kong....so who am i to say no....

i was planning on spending the whole day there....if we are going then we may as well do it right....would it be a safe bet to keep an hour for travel time if we were to take a cab from the conrad to get to hong kong station & then the train to disney????

are the fast passes available at the ticket counter at the resort????i could not see them online...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 12:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thursday
With half a day you can queue for 1 ride and queue for a meal at perhaps the corner cafe or future world.
Curiously when I went there were minimal queues for any of the rides (I think maybe one had a 5 or 10 minute queue). 4 or 5 hours was plenty of time to go on pretty much all of the rides, watch the parade, have some food and get pictures taken with a character.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:13 am

Curiously when I went there were minimal queues for any of the rides (I think maybe one had a 5 or 10 minute queue). 4 or 5 hours was plenty of time to go on pretty much all of the rides, watch the parade, have some food and get pictures taken with a character.
oh good for you, and when was that?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:25 am
Suspended

About 18 months ago I guess, although my wife went with some friends visiting from abroad about 6 months ago and said it was much the same. Both occasions were midweek if that makes any difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.