Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus for joining HH?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Bonus for joining HH?

I've recently discovered the benefits of the Hilton Honors program and want to join. Before I do though, I was just wondering if there is, or ever are, any bonus points promotions for simply signing up or are their credit cards the only avenue for such quick bonuses (aside from actually staying at the hotels of course)? Thanks for any insight.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:34 pm

For just signing up I don't think there are any big bonuses. If you are referred you get 1000 points after two stays. the website is here . PM if you want my HH number
Old Sep 16, 2009, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Mike243254
For just signing up I don't think there are any big bonuses. If you are referred you get 1000 points after two stays. the website is here . PM if you want my HH number
Does the refer-er get a bonus too for just singing? Or are their referral bonuses for their credit cards? May as well do someone some good while I'm at it if possible...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Yes, the refering party does get a bonus as well when you sign up via their HHonors number, at least that is how it used to work.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Member get a member 1000 HH points bonus

Until dec. 31, 2009 you can refer a new HHonors member and get 1000 points for every qualifyng stay the new member will complete by December 31, 2009 and the new member will also receive a 1000 points bonus after his/her second stay.

This is the link http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/promotions/refermember/

The referring member can earn a maximum of 25000 HH points each year.
Somebody may dispute about the difference in HH points earning for the new member (only 1000 HH points after the second stay) and the referring member (1000 HH points after each stay of the new member up to a maximum of 25000 HH points).
In my opinion this is a good incentive for the referring member to explain the benefit of the HHonors program and follow the points earning progress of the new member.
This year I will earn the maximum bonus points: I have already referred 4 new members. I have explained them the benefit of the program, helped them to navigate the www.hilton.com website and to find the best rates, offered them assistance on booking Hilton family hotels around the world, called them when new sales and promotions were available and helped them to subscribe all the promotions to increase the points earnings. Now 3 of them are HHonors Gold VIP, using the fast tracks I suggested them, but first of all they are happy and loyal Hilton customers for the future. In exchange of my 25000 HHpoint and thanks to the the new members I referred, in 2009 Hilton will have more than 30K$ in new bookings.

Hope that the member get a member will continue also in 2010!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:36 pm

Depending on your future travel plans, its worth noting the Hilton Racing fast track to Gold promo, whereby they will upgrade you to Gold status if you complete 4 stays within 90 days of enrolling (instead of the usual 16 needed).

You may decide that the status is worth to you more than the 1,000 points (and as you have to complete 2 stays to get those points anyway, its only 2 extra needed.

It all depends whether you think you can meet the requirement within a 90 day period, and if so, it may be worth holding off applying until nearer the time.

Details here: Hilton Racing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.