Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton and BA Executive Club are misleading clients on miles to be earned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Attention: while the BA Executive Club website's Hilton page says clearly that BA Executive members earn 500 fixed miles for staying at Hilton and only members of both plans can earn variable miles, both companies refuse to honour this and will give non HHonous members only variable miles.

Hilton says that their default agreement with BA for Executive Club members who are not HHonours members is variable miles and will only allow that credit, even though the website says you will earn 500 miles. (The site says that only HHonours members can earn variable miles, ergo non HHilton members should earn the fixed miles promised: 500).

I stayed twice at Hilton in January and got credited 100 or so miles each time and I was not a HHonours member at the time, so as per their website I should have gotten 500 miles. When I asked for the correction in March I was told that the credit was correct. When I pointed out the misleading information on the website, to both companies, they recognized the false statement they make but each company says they are unable to make the correction to the miles they credited me "because the other one won't allow it".

The worse is that 5 months later they still mislead clients on their website at least on August 6, 2009. Is there any where else on can go to complain, such as customer rights agencies in Germany (where I live) or the UK (BA) or US (Hilton)?

In the meanwhile, beware of anything you read on the BA Executive Club or Hilton websites - they could be lying to your face and could not care less about it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.