Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points + points or fixed miles or variable miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points + points or fixed miles or variable miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2009, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I usually choose the 50% HH bonus, and always choose the 50% bonus when staying on an award since you can't earn the FFMs on those stays.
That's an excellent advice. :-: Just remember to switch it back after the award stay.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I assume the 50% on awards stays is on incidentals? I purposefully avoid overpriced hotel incidentals, ESPECIALLY when I'm on an award stay and my own dime.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I assume the 50% on awards stays is on incidentals? I purposefully avoid overpriced hotel incidentals, ESPECIALLY when I'm on an award stay and my own dime.
A lot of people redeem HHonors awards using GLON or AXON for places such as Maldives, Bora Bora, Seychelles and etc because they tend to offer some of the best value for points. In those instances, your incidentals will very, very likely be in the thousands of dollars even if the room is free. If you review the Conrad Maldives thread, I think the average folio ranges from $3,000~$9,000 for the stay easily based on self-reported numbers by FTers. In such a case, the 50% more HH point option makes sense since you can't earn miles on award booking anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.