Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Panama (country) {PAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Panama (country) {PAN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xenole
The second stay, 2 weeks later, gets me into PTY around 1pm on the Sunday and I'm not flying out until 4:50pm on the Monday which is why I would prefer being closer to civilisation.
Can't you fly out same day? The 1 day layover at PTY is a huge waste of money on taxis. And traffic to the airport on a Monday afternoon could be really bad. That's a commute direction. Not everyone will agree with me, but IMO PC is just an awful city.

That said, the area around Calle Uruguay (W/A, Hilton, Doubltree) is the better area for walking around. It's also better for getting on Corredor Sur for airport access. From Hampton or HGI it could take an hour just to reach the highway in heavy traffic.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I just wanted a day to relax rather than a same day turnaround.
Spend too much time in transit or doing overnight stays and not seeing much of a place.

Anyway, I've got plans for the following day and this layover fitted in nicely with them.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Over the course of 9 days I stayed at 4 of the 5 Hilton branded hotels. Here are my impressions:

DoubleTree – 3 nights
Price: $70/nt
Check-in: Room available all 3 times around noon
Upgrade: Twice to a slightly larger room, not a big deal
Room: pretty basic, tile floors making for increased noise, need of deep cleaning
Pool: Average, no shade
Staff: generally nice but varied.
Amenities: none (cookie)
Breakfast: Poor, run out frequently
Rating: 5/10

HGI – 1 night
Price: $65/nt
Check-in: Room available around noon
Upgrade: slightly larger room, not a big deal
Room: pretty basic, tile floors making for increased noise, need of deep cleaning, hardest beds on the planet. Cancelled other stays because of this.
Staff: generally nice
Amenities: none
Breakfast: Poor
Rating: 2/10

Hilton – 2 nights
Price: $110/nt and 16K + $65
Upgrade: First to a junior with view, second to master suite on top floor corner (nice suite but 50% of everything electric didn’t work).
Room: Very good, beds best of all properties, pretty quiet, nice views
Pool: Nice, limited shade, good bar
Staff: Good, exec lounge very good.
Amenities: first time a dessert plate, second a chocolate bar. Exec lounge has decent happy hour snacks, beer and wine.
Breakfast: Must take in Exec lounge, just average.
Rating: 8.5/10

W/A – 3 nights
Price: 16k + $65, $110 (F/S/S offer better rates)
Check-in: Room available all around noon
Upgrade: Once to an open astro turf deck city view, second to junior suite with pool view
Room: Nice, reasonably quiet, well appointed and clean.
Pool: Smaller but nice surrounding area with shade. Best of the 4.
Staff: Very nice but three different phone calls to desk went unanswered after 2 minutes+.
Amenities: $35 F&B credit each day (which I found better than Hilton Exec lounge/bfst). Room service was pretty good in using the credit.
Breakfast: Above average but expensive - $21 for buffet
Rating: 8/10

I’d give the edge to Hilton based upon sea view rooms but certainly can’t go wrong with W/A. I’d certainly pay twice to stay there over DT and HGI (which I did by cancelling 3 of the stays there).g
Thunderroad likes this.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Over the course of 9 days I stayed at 4 of the 5 Hilton branded hotels. Here are my impressions:

DoubleTree – 3 nights
Price: $70/nt
Check-in: Room available all 3 times around noon
Upgrade: Twice to a slightly larger room, not a big deal
Room: pretty basic, tile floors making for increased noise, need of deep cleaning
Pool: Average, no shade
Staff: generally nice but varied.
Amenities: none (cookie)
Breakfast: Poor, run out frequently
Rating: 5/10

HGI – 1 night
Price: $65/nt
Upgrade: slightly larger room, not a big deal
Room: pretty basic, tile floors making for increased noise, need of deep cleaning, hardest beds on the planet. Cancelled other stays because of this.
Staff: generally nice
Amenities: none
Breakfast: Poor
Rating: 2/10

Hilton – 2 nights
Price: $110/nt and 16K + $65
Upgrade: First to a junior with view, second to master suite on top floor corner (nice suite but 50% of everything electric didn’t work).
Room: Very good, beds best of all properties, pretty quiet, nice views
Pool: Nice, limited shade, good bar
Staff: Good, exec lounge very good.
Amenities: first time a dessert plate, second a chocolate bar. Exec lounge has decent happy hour snacks, beer and wine.
Breakfast: Must take in Exec lounge, just average.
Rating: 8.5/10

W/A – 3 nights
Price: 16k + $65, $110 (F/S/S offer better rates)
Check-in: Room available all around noon
Upgrade: Once to an open astro turf deck city view, second to junior suite with pool view
Room: Nice, reasonably quiet, well appointed and clean.
Pool: Smaller but nice surrounding area with shade. Best of the 4.
Staff: Very nice but three different phone calls to desk went unanswered after 2 minutes+.
Amenities: $35 F&B credit each day (which I found better than Hilton Exec lounge/bfst). Room service was pretty good in using the credit.
Breakfast: Above average but expensive - $21 for buffet
Rating: 8/10

I’d give the edge to Hilton based upon sea view rooms but certainly can’t go wrong with W/A. I’d certainly pay twice to stay there over DT and HGI (which I did by cancelling 3 of the stays there).g
Very helpful information. Thank you.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Our stay at the Waldorf was nice, but the front of the house kept pushing to use their car service vs taxis, citing the danger of the taxis and how they rip off tourists. Wouldn't give information regarding transportation other than the house cars unless really pushed.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got another short stay in October.
Probably arriving after 8pm and leaving a couple of days later at 3:15pm.

Hotel wise, for two nights, including taxes:

Crowne Plaza at the airport is around $264.
Hilton around $335. Could offset with the few points I've got left taking it down to $100.
DT/HGI/Hampton around $130 / 10k points a night so probably not really worth it.

Probably around $80 return for a cab or Uber to the city.

Not sure how much luggage I'll have as I might catch the bus back to the airport (very easy from Albrook Mall to the Crowne Plaza and I've got a card ready to re-load at the airport). No idea though where it stops in the city though so probably easy to stay in an air-conned hotel and step straight into a car.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
We are debating between staying at the Hilton Garden Inn or the Hampton in Panama City. Any thoughts on which one might be best overall?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by LucWise
We are debating between staying at the Hilton Garden Inn or the Hampton in Panama City. Any thoughts on which one might be best overall?
The Hampton Inn is very basic. I would go for the HGI unless a pool is important to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.