Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cheap Hiltons & 3,000 BMI miles per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Hiltons & 3,000 BMI miles per night

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
My recent stays at participating Doubletree Hotels using AAA discount rates are showing on Hilton.com as 3000 BMI miles per night + 1000 Hilton per night.

So far, so good.
Old May 18, 2009, 9:10 am

Anybody acutally has the miles posted to BMI site? I have about 10 stays now showing 3000 miles each earned on Hilton site but 0 miles on BMI site. First of these is around 4/7.
Old May 18, 2009, 10:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dietwater
Anybody acutally has the miles posted to BMI site? I have about 10 stays now showing 3000 miles each earned on Hilton site but 0 miles on BMI site. First of these is around 4/7.
This is probably linked to a rather clunky Diamond Club software update. Detailed thread here. Several posters there, and on the BD forum thread about the Hilton promotion, have been waiting longer than usual for Hilton miles to post (and so am I).
Old May 31, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
My FlyBMI stays are not showing at HiltonHHonors

The Las Vegas Hilton says those prepaid reservations do not qualify for Hilton points (so I'm out 3 BMI stays, although they have been earning 750 miles/stay at BMI).

My 2 HiltonHHonors-booked stays at Las Vegas Hilton are showing 3,000 miles each at HiltonHHonors (5/22/09), but not at BMI yet (as of 5/31/09).

Mitchell

P.S. Las Vegas Hilton has $39.95 + tax = $43.55 unrestricted rates on many weekdays.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

I booked a prepaid stay at the Doubletree Huaqiao-Kunshan – Shanghai
(VERY NICE HOTEL - Better than the average Hilton!)

$61.94 USD per night, + tax = $71.23 total per night

My BMI account shows I got 3,000 BD per night.

I don't' think anyone should worry about the miles not posting to BD yet; give it a month or so and our miles will show up. The BD system is slow; give things time!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Can I get credit for a second stay without leaving this hotel, having booked the following:

a) 3 night pre-paid stay on Hilton.com
b) followed by two night stay booked on Expedia.com
c) followed by 3 night stay booked on Hilton.com

Will C earn me BD miles and HH points, same as if I had left the hotel and came back?

Will the system see it as a new stay, since the Expedia rate is not point eligible?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

I had 2 consecutive nights at the Conrad Singapore. One was paid, the second was a reward. The paid stay posted with 3000 BMI miles. The second night posted in about 12 hours, and was merged with the first night - appropriate given that they were sequential and only entitled me to one stay credit. BUT my BMI miles dropped off when the 2nd night posted.

I asked my Diamond contact. She said that when a paid stay and an award stay are merged, that the stay is then not eligible for miles.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:53 am
Original Poster

That has me a little concerned...

I guess I will leave this hotel then...just to be sure
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I don't see a code for the Visa summer rates in the box or my browser. Anyone know if it's an eligible rate or not? Was thinking of hopping across the bay to OAK this weekend.

Darn you, HHonors. Why do these things have to be so hard?!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I emailed HH to get confirmation of eligibility on specific rates.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I continued my HH booked stay after three nights with an additional two nights booked on Expedia.com

The HH points and miles that had already posted for the first three nights booked on Hilton.com have now been removed.

This is a VERY customer unfriendly way to do business!

I will remind Hilton they are penalizing me for giving them more business!

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Jun 6, 2009 at 10:38 pm
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
I continued my HH booked stay after three nights with an additional two nights booked on Expedia.com

The HH points and miles that had already posted for the first three nights booked on Hilton.com have now been removed.

This is a VERY customer unfriendly way to do business!

I will remind Hilton they are penalizing me for giving them more business!
Perhaps a work around would have been to use a different name (first initial only or a middle name as well), so Hilton would view it as a different person.

Did you leave it all the same so you would get elite benefits?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Am currently in the lobby of the Hilton Basingstoke (UK). £40.50 per night with breakfast, 1000 points and 3000 BD miles. Jajajajajajajejejejejeje.

UTA
Old Jun 13, 2009, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Perhaps a work around would have been to use a different name (first initial only or a middle name as well), so Hilton would view it as a different person.

Did you leave it all the same so you would get elite benefits?
Perhaps it would have worked had I asked the hotel to check me out and close out my folio. Then check me in again on a new folio, with a slightly different name. I didn't do this because I never imagined Hilton will penalize you for continuing your stay. I had never combined earning and non earning stays before. I would have thought that you would still get credit for the earning part based on common sense (not reading this forum).

Common Sense = Don't penalize someone for spending more money/giving you more business.

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Jun 14, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
Perhaps it would have worked had I asked the hotel to check me out and close out my folio. Then check me in again on a new folio, with a slightly different name. I didn't do this because I never imagined Hilton will penalize you for continuing your stay. I had never combined earning and non earning stays before. I would have thought that you would still get credit for the earning part.
You should have read the FAQ in this forum more carefully. What you have done will clearly cause the HHonors system to merge your stays together if they are sequential no matter how many check-in and outs you may have or how they were originaly booked, whether as separate bookings or via different channels.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:19 am

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
I also merged a non-earning stay (Expedia) with an earning stay (HiltonHHonors). HiltonHHonors was able to give me credit for the earning stay after a phone call. Mine was in the reverse order (non-earning first).

P.S. Not everyone here is a Hilton forum regular reader. I booked the Las Vegas Hilton stays at FlyBMI (which earn 750 miles directly on BMI, but no miles/points at HiltonHHonors) without having seen the warnings. It wasn't obvious in the threads I read that there was going to be a problem.

Still trying to see if I can get folio credit on a non-earning stay for my incidentals (I tried adding room charges to two of my non-earning stays just to see if it would help). The Las Vegas Hilton front desk seems to think so, so they faxed my folios to Hilton HHonors. Supposedly in 5-7 business days, they'll have credited my account. We'll see.

Last edited by mitchell; Jun 14, 2009 at 4:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.