FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/931581-hilton-honors-surpass-card-american-express-formerly-called-ascend.html)

david55 Feb 13, 2023 8:49 am

Originally Posted by rambo (Post 35008011)
Yes you can. Just call hilton honors desk and make the reservation. Ask them to add your relative to the reservation. The reservation will be in your name but your relative will be the second guest on the reservation.

Interesting. And I don't have to " show up"?

rambo Feb 13, 2023 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by david55 (Post 35008034)
Interesting. And I don't have to " show up"?

Nope, you don't have to. I have done it so many times. Even the agent on the phone will confirm that.

GJG May 13, 2023 3:39 am

Gold to Diamond

Hello, I have a question about how to earn Hilton Diamond status. Apologize if this has already been asked. I understand that Diamond status requires 60 nights. My question is, if I already have gold through the Amex Hilton Surpass card, do I still need to stay 60 nights to get Diamond? Or do I only need to stay 20 nights (the difference between the 40 nights normally needed for gold and the 60 nights needed for diamond)?

greg5 May 13, 2023 6:54 am

Originally Posted by GJG (Post 35246463)
Hello, I have a question about how to earn Hilton Diamond status. Apologize if this has already been asked. I understand that Diamond status requires 60 nights. My question is, if I already have gold through the Amex Hilton Surpass card, do I still need to stay 60 nights to get Diamond? Or do I only need to stay 20 nights (the difference between the 40 nights normally needed for gold and the 60 nights needed for diamond)?

Yes, you would need to stay the full 60. Last year I managed to get Diamond from points earned on the card, and on stays. That was starting from zero though.

Eujeanie May 13, 2023 7:01 am

Originally Posted by GJG (Post 35246463)

Have you considered upgrading your card from the Surpass to the Aspire? The benefits more than cover the increase in AF.

GJG May 13, 2023 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 35246693)
Yes, you would need to stay the full 60. Last year I managed to get Diamond from points earned on the card, and on stays. That was starting from zero though.

Thanks, understood. You mentioned you got Diamond from points and stays, just curious how do points earned on the card contribute to status? I am a little confused because I was gold last year, but I have Diamond this year, and I definitely didn't stay 60 nights last year, more like 30.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 35246706)
Have you considered upgrading your card from the Surpass to the Aspire? The benefits more than cover the increase in AF.

Yes I am considering that...a little hard to justify the added cost though when I already have the Amex Platinum ($695) and the CapitalOne ($395).

greg5 May 14, 2023 4:15 am

Originally Posted by GJG (Post 35248195)
Thanks, understood. You mentioned you got Diamond from points and stays, just curious how do points earned on the card contribute to status? I am a little confused because I was gold last year, but I have Diamond this year, and I definitely didn't stay 60 nights last year, more like 30.

To be a bit more clear I got my Diamond status from points. I managed a lot of points from the stays, points from the card, and bonus points, which got me to where I needed to get to. I also got pretty close on just nights. Hilton still had some lower thresholds in place last year, and they're gone now.

I don't live in the US, so I haven't gone with the Aspire card. Maybe in the future.

gudugan Jul 16, 2023 11:29 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35417852-post17.html

edit: ignore, i got the popup

bacook Aug 25, 2023 2:45 pm

Can anyone advise if there is a way to track your progress to the free night certificste after $15k spend?

Thanks in advance!

Eujeanie Aug 25, 2023 3:32 pm

Yes, Right on the first page of your on-line statement. Look about halfway down on the right side, under "earn a free night reward", there will be a tracker.

Eujeanie Sep 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 35528434)
Yes, Right on the first page of your on-line statement. Look about halfway down on the right side, under "earn a free night reward", there will be a tracker.

Well I just looked at my tracker today...I think I might have a hard time earning my free night this year. :D

Earn a Free Night Reward

Enjoy a Free Night Reward after you spend $999,999,999.99 in eligible purchases on your Card by December 31. To view your Rewards, visit Hilton . com

$0 spent
$1,000,000,000 to go

fwfdan Sep 22, 2023 9:48 am

I am wondering what people are experiencing in terms of when the free night posts. I met the 15k spend about six weeks ago and still no certificate. AMEX says wait 8-12 weeks (I found that in T&C as well after I did the online chat) but my husband also has the card and his posted to Hilton three days after he met the $15k spend. Any others seeing this big a difference in posting time.

VacationTravel Sep 22, 2023 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 35580975)
Well I just looked at my tracker today...I think I might have a hard time earning my free night this year. :D

Earn a Free Night Reward

Enjoy a Free Night Reward after you spend $999,999,999.99 in eligible purchases on your Card by December 31. To view your Rewards, visit Hilton . com

$0 spent
$1,000,000,000 to go

If it's a new card, you may not be eligible in a stub short year initial year. Not a big deal. It starts up again at regular purchase requirements on 1/1/24.

Eujeanie Sep 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by VacationTravel (Post 35604143)
If it's a new card, you may not be eligible in a stub short year initial year. Not a big deal. It starts up again at regular purchase requirements on 1/1/24.

Are you serious? Did you look at what I posted? A smiley face on your part would have gone a long way, because I can't help but think you're serious.

Eujeanie Sep 22, 2023 2:40 pm

deleted