FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/931581-hilton-honors-surpass-card-american-express-formerly-called-ascend.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for The Hilton HHonors® Surpass(SM) Card from American Express

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

beltway Feb 3, 2016 5:12 am

Wiki updated with new 85K offer.

rhoman Feb 3, 2016 10:25 am

I just applied for the Surpass a few weeks ago when it was 80K and met the minimum spend :( Only a 5K difference but I tried asking Amex to match , but didn't get much luck. Has any one else gotten them to match better offers?

philemer Feb 3, 2016 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by rhoman (Post 26127048)
I just applied for the Surpass a few weeks ago when it was 80K and met the minimum spend :( Only a 5K difference but I tried asking Amex to match , but didn't get much luck. Has any one else gotten them to match better offers?

Rare for them to match.

TMM1982 Feb 4, 2016 3:10 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 26130583)
Rare for them to match.

AMEX is the one bank that won't match offers. One of the many reasons why their bank is gonna do the poop shoot.

kenbo Feb 10, 2016 5:52 pm

If I give my card to charge incidentals to the room but my name isn't on the reservation, would I still get the 12 points per dollar for Hilton charges?

TMM1982 Feb 11, 2016 3:37 am

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 26165274)
If I give my card to charge incidentals to the room but my name isn't on the reservation, would I still get the 12 points per dollar for Hilton charges?

Y

beckoa Feb 13, 2016 3:17 am

Well my anniversary has just rolled around. Saw the annual fee post...thought about it and SM'd AMEX switching to the no annual fee product. I don't stay a ton at Hiltons, and not near enough to justify the higher annual fee. Combined with Gold status now via the AMEX Plat, and a FOREX charge on the card (Had a few Hilton stays outside of the US this past year) I didn't see the value.

oranjemakker Feb 15, 2016 4:54 pm

Overseas applicants

I spoke to the Amex calling centre and they said that if you apply by phone, rather than online, you don't need a social security number, just a US address (which I have access to).

This suggests I should be able to apply from overseas using my US address (I am not a US citizen)

Has anyone else done this? Not sure how they would go with my credit rating (or absence of)

My reasons for doing this would be the high earn rate and Diamond qualification.

greg5 Feb 16, 2016 1:27 pm

I applied online using my US address from overseas. My HH account had my swiss address, but I had no problems.

oranjemakker Feb 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 26194901)
I applied online using my US address from overseas. My HH account had my swiss address, but I had no problems.

Thanks for the info...do you have a social security number and did they need this? i dont have this but they said ok without it of applying by phone,

greg5 Feb 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker (Post 26195011)
Thanks for the info...do you have a social security number and did they need this? i dont have this but they said ok without it of applying by phone,

Yep. I do have an SSN. I think that the online application required it.

jiminycricket Feb 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26125674)
Wiki updated with new 85K offer.

Thanks! I have been waiting for just such an offer.

gingerj2016 Mar 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Is the 85K offer still valid? The link on the wiki seems active but the offer I found on the Amex website is only 60K. I am confused!

invalyd Mar 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by gingerj2016 (Post 26400542)
Is the 85K offer still valid? The link on the wiki seems active but the offer I found on the Amex website is only 60K. I am confused!

yes.