Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Advance your world Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

https://www.advanceyourworld.com/

The Advance Your World Challenge is an interactive race around the world brought to you by the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express.

You will be placed in control of 7 different vehicles to race through 7 exciting locations around the globe. Navigate through each course as quickly as possible while collecting randomly placed Hilton HHonors Card Benefit Icons. These icons will positively impact your final time.

Complete all 7 courses in record time and you could be a Grand Prize winner!
The Prizes

7 Grand Prize winners will receive:

* 1 Million Hilton HHonors Bonus Points – Redeemable for 25 days at any Category 6 hotel17 worldwide
* Upgrade to Diamond VIP tier status through March 201118 – The highest level of Hilton HHonors VIP membership that awards you on-property perks and upgrades
* And $10,000 that you can use towards travel expenses

Another 993 winners will receive:

* 10,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points – Good for a one night stay at an Opportunity or Category 1 hotel19
* Upgrade to Diamond VIP tier status through March 2011 – The highest level of Hilton HHonors VIP membership that awards you on-property perks and upgrades
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
My fingers hurt now....

Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:16 pm

Oh my god. I wish you hadn't posted this. Well at least I can only kill time I should be doing other things until April 15th!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
Got the email myself this afternoon.

Wow, yeah, my new obsession for the next 37 days.

70th place, just under 6 mins... I wonder whether it'll hold up, or whether I'll be trying to shave thousandths of seconds daily. Ugh.

And, thanks for sharing first!

- - - - - - - -

I had been running a scoreboard here, but with bugs still present, and the general consensus that the top times are FUBAR, I've pulled the chart for now.

I'll put something up toward the end of the game, or when the scoring situation is settled.

Last edited by ProvRIGuy; Mar 19, 2009 at 9:09 pm Reason: temporarily remove rankings
Old Mar 9, 2009, 7:43 pm

Just an FYI, this game has already been "botted" (ie the Club Live folks). You'll be able to see from the ridiculous times some folks have been putting up. You'll catch me around 55th place as of today, I was in 2nd place the first few days of the promo (March 1-5), and then the programmers got involved, lol.

One would hope Amex will be able to catch the botters before the end of the promo, April 15, and weed them out of the top 7, at least.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:18 pm

I'm hoping to just stay in the top 1000, sadly this is my best chance of hitting Diamond this year.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
This looks like fun and I love the fact that 1000 people will win Diamond status. I wonder if speed of internet connection plays a part. I'm currently #509.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by Ritz

One would hope Amex will be able to catch the botters before the end of the promo, April 15, and weed them out of the top 7, at least.
I absolutely agree with this.

this is fun. currently at #35! we'll see how long that holds.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:46 pm

It let me register but do I have to have an HHonors Amex to win anything?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Someone did the Tokyo route in 9 seconds!? Are you kidding? Took me 1:20 and I thought that was decent. Seems to me that once the word spreads to uber-video gamers, they will suck up all 1,000 places using computer tricks. And what are they gonna do with Diamond status and 10k HH points?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by germansoks
I absolutely agree with this.

this is fun. currently at #35! we'll see how long that holds.
I'm at 40, and it seems my rank goes 1 or 2 the wrong way about every fifteen minutes. I just hope I'll be able to hang on for the status. At least it's the coolest way to earn status I've ever seen.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:31 pm

How are you guys hitting these high ranks?

I figure diamond until 2011 will be a nice step-up from Gold by Amex HH spending while it lasts.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA 11MM/EXP/Aairpass, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
How are you guys hitting these high ranks?

I figure diamond until 2011 will be a nice step-up from Gold by Amex HH spending while it lasts.
By spending way too much time playing these games.

In my case, my main hobby was already playing computer games, so I just shifted to these.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:26 am
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
Someone did the Tokyo route in 9 seconds!? Are you kidding? Took me 1:20 and I thought that was decent. Seems to me that once the word spreads to uber-video gamers, they will suck up all 1,000 places using computer tricks. And what are they gonna do with Diamond status and 10k HH points?
I am with you on that one. It's not humanly possible to finish Tokyo in 9 seconds. I wonder how good American Express will be about cracking down on people that use programs. Is there a place to complain about this?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
That's irresponsible of American Express to allow any loopholes to allow players like "811762616" with a time of 00:09:532 in the Tokyo race. You know, they know and I know that this time is physically impossible.

This challenge has no integrity. I would be furious if I were #8 on the Leader Board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.