Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
The definitive answer to this question comes from Hilton Honors Ambassador:

A higher level contact than I reached out to previously confirms that both the stay and nights that began in 2019 on a crossover such as this will count for 2020.

My apologies for the misinformation....

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31877429-post215.html
Print Wikipost

December 31 to January 1 stays/nights: Which year do they credit to?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Check out after night 1; check back in for night 2 under wife/partner's name; do same again in reverse for night 3. You lose some points, you gain in stay credits.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Check out after night 1; check back in for night 2 under wife/partner's name; do same again in reverse for night 3. You lose some points, you gain in stay credits.
i tried this once last year during the free weekend night promo....they made us change rooms 3 times....day one was booked under my name & we got a really nice suite....day 2 was in my wife's name & they moved us to a really crappy room....day 3 was in my name again & they didn't have any suites so they put us in a club room which was definitely better than our day 2 room but nowhere near as nice as the one we had on the first day....

this was the first & last time we have done something like this....never again....
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Evert
Hiya,
My expierence of the last three years is that they count in the year you check out.
Does the nights in 2010 count for 2011 status instead? I mean the stay 30th of December until the 2nd of January is 3 nights. Will you have one stay credit and three nights when you check on the 2nd even though its only the 2nd night of the year?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Smart idea. THat would work REALLY good if they have the double miles promo again for Q4 and WN is your earnings partner. Only problem I would have is it is a PITA changing rooms and I don't see a hotel willing to let you keep the same room all three nights.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The way the multiple stays could work is if both guests shared a HHonors Mutual Fund Account (that means the nights and stays accrue to the same account, and the hotel might be better persuaded to allow remaining in the same room). I'm not saying it absolutely would, because we have not tried it. (Yes, they still exist - either grandfathered in previously existing account, or those newer ones granted by HGVC.)
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
Does the nights in 2010 count for 2011 status instead? I mean the stay 30th of December until the 2nd of January is 3 nights. Will you have one stay credit and three nights when you check on the 2nd even though its only the 2nd night of the year?
Yes, you will get 3 nights/1 stay credit for 2011.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:10 pm

Will stay #28 requal me for diamond if its on 12/31?

Hi all,

Does the diamond qualification by stays count the for the year if it happened within the year or does it count by when it's posted to the account? There's usually a several day lag between when I stay and when I get the 'thanks for the stay' email... wanted to avoid having my 28th stay on 12/31 and it maybe counting toward 2011 instead of 2010. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:16 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by ajf3
Hi all,

Does the diamond qualification by stays count the for the year if it happened within the year or does it count by when it's posted to the account? There's usually a several day lag between when I stay and when I get the 'thanks for the stay' email... wanted to avoid having my 28th stay on 12/31 and it maybe counting toward 2011 instead of 2010. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Qualification is by Calendar year. As long as you check out on 12/31 it should count towards your 2010 qualification. If you check in on 12/31 and check out on 01/01/2011 it will count towards your 2011 qualification year.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
you have to checkout on the the 31st (2010) for it to count in 2010.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Delta Diamond and HHonors Diamond
is a Stay defined by the check-in or check-out date?

Sorry. I skimmed the HHonors site, and I didn't see that one.

Thanks. (reason I'm asking is because of a NYEve stay).
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond
A stay is not a stay before it is finished. That means if you complete your stay on 1st January, this would be your first stay in 2011.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Would that mean all the nights would post on January 1st as well? This is slightly more than academic for me (though it isn't going to change my plans so I could just wait for the nights to post to see) as I have more than qualified for this year and have a 6 night stay ending on January 1st. Would be nice to get those 6 nights to count towards next year instead of 5 of them (or maybe all 6?) counting towards this year.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
next year
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:07 pm

Marriott works differently

This was my experience too with Hilton.

And it is interesting to note that Marriott program works differently on this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ts-credit.html
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
All the nights will post on your check out date.

Even if you check out and into the same hotel night, they will be combined into one stay and it will post on your check out date.

If you change hotels each night they would count as separate stays, but at the same hotel they would not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.