Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Alleged orgy involving Hilton's MSP management

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alleged orgy involving Hilton's MSP management

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Not the first hotel she's taken on ....

Lori Peterson is known for seeking extensive media publicity for her cases, ostensibly to force the defendants to settle. In the 90's, she sued the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Rochester, alleging sexual harassment against a number of employees and a guest. She ended up being sued for defamation. This is the MN Supreme Court decision affirming the removal of ABC news as a defendant in the defamation case & remanding her case back to a lower court for trial:

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...7-0814&invol=1

Originally Posted by MN Supreme Court decision
The hotel agreed to mediate Peterson's threatened claims on April 23, 1996. Several days before the scheduled mediation, Peterson distributed "Wanted" posters at public locations in Rochester. The posters featured pictures of two Arab men, identified by name, stated "$1,000 REWARD for the apprehension of these men" and asked, "Have you been sexually harassed or assaulted by an Arab man? Do you know someone who has?" The "Wanted" posters contained this legend at the bottom: "If you have any information, please contact us at: Lori Peterson & Associates." There is evidence that Peterson attempted to have the "Wanted" posters published by the Rochester Post-Bulletin as an advertisement, but the Post-Bulletin declined because questions asked in the posters "may be perceived as racist."
Old Nov 30, 2008, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
This is an excerpt from a pay-for-the-article site of an Oct. 16, 1998, article:

Originally Posted by Star Tribune
The Minnesota Supreme Court has reprimanded Minneapolis lawyer Lori Peterson and put her on a year's unsupervised probation for her actions in cases against Vikings coach Dennis Green and the KFC restaurant chain.

The Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility released details of the discipline Thursday. Peterson, who has specialized in sexual harassment cases, agreed to the sanctions.

In the Green case, Hennepin County District Judge Andrew Danielson had fined Peterson $10,000 in January 1997 for filing a suit in bad faith on behalf of a woman who reportedly claimed that her affair with Green ended in an abortion.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What appears to be a complete St. Paul Pioneer Press article regarding Lori Peterson's sanction is reproduced here:

http://www.letfreedomringblog.com/?p=3351

She was also the attorney who sued Stroh's brewery because of their Swedish Bikini Team ads.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I agree with MikeMpls, this case is going no where but to generate lots of press.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
did anybody else blush after reading the first sentence of this article? I'm all for a good double entendre, but really!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by goalie
what is it with sex and minnesota?????

maybe i should move?
Oh, if you only knew...

Mike
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:35 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
the thread has gone off topic very quickly....

and as there's not much else to say about the incident as applied to HH ...I am closing the thread.

thanks

squeakr

MOD Hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.