Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Any updates about this property?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Looking at this property for a tourist stay next spring vs. the ES. Any thoughts on one vs the other? From the pictures it looks like the nicest HI I've ever seen.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here on the weekend. If cabbing in from the airport, get the address (5 of February & Uruguay) because no one knows where it is! Some drivers also think it's right in the Zocalo and may not be accessible.

Anyway, it is in a some 200 y.o. building. Internal atrium with tiled walls for floors 1-4 while the top 2 floors seems to be above the old roof? We got a 2nd floor suite on the corner of Uruguay/5 of February but didn't complain as we arrived before 9a and were just hoping to stash away our bags (stay in MEX wasn't certainly until 2 1/2 hours earlier). There's a business center and an exercise room. The main rooms have floor to high ceiling opening doors. Not the best seal as they may be original or at least old. Can be a bit noisy.

Beware that some rooms don't have outside windows!

Located 2 blocks down from the main plaza and sort of inbetween Zocalo and Pino Saurez metro stops (former is closer if you're at the right end of the train).

Staff are very helpful. There is a Mexican breakfast option and the salsas definitely have a kick. The breakfast hostess couldn't have been nicer.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Thanks for the update. How much was the cab ride from the airport? Also do you remember if the hotel has a concierge (I know it is a Hampton) or a tour desk that I could book a tour to Teotihuican?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We used one of the airport sitios who charged MXP 127 to zone 3. That line (forget the name) is said to be the cheapest. A normal cab may run as low as MXP 30 if you can speak Spanish and not let them rip you off. There was a helpful concierge (Erich) who did quote us MXP 1,000 for a Teotihuican car (extra for guide). We took the subway (MXP 2 p.p. each way + either 1 or 2 changes of metro) + bus (MXP 33 p.p. each way).
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

any recent stays?

Have booked two nights in January and wondered if there have been any recent stays and more current reviews from FT members. TA really likes this hotel.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
Have booked two nights in January and wondered if there have been any recent stays and more current reviews from FT members. TA really likes this hotel.
Not very recent, but December 2010 / January 2011. We stayed twice, once at the beginning of our trip and once at the end. We even left part of our luggage at this hotel while travelling through Yucatan, Belize and Guatemala.

The hotel was very nice: the best HI that I know. Location is excellent; the breakfast was nice for a HI. I do not remember a concierge desk for booking tours.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
We used one of the airport sitios who charged MXP 127 to zone 3. That line (forget the name) is said to be the cheapest. A normal cab may run as low as MXP 30 if you can speak Spanish and not let them rip you off. There was a helpful concierge (Erich) who did quote us MXP 1,000 for a Teotihuican car (extra for guide). We took the subway (MXP 2 p.p. each way + either 1 or 2 changes of metro) + bus (MXP 33 p.p. each way).
which bus did you take?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:42 pm

Any recent stay report about this property? Please.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zhengqiji
I posted this review earlier in the year. Doubt it has changed much:

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Centro. The hotel was fine, comfortable, clean, quiet and service was spot on. We had a suite for just over $100 a night ( plus taxes) which gave us two generous rooms and lots of space to spread out. Big windows ( sealed) allowed light to fill the room.

Two small things bring this review down from "excellent".
1. Breakfasts, while ample and free, were not great. The quality of food (especially the warm entrees) were poor and unappetizing.
2. Since we could not drink the tap water, bottled water should have been provided in the rooms and replaced every day. ( We got one bottle on our arrival and no more)

Otherwise....Because of it's excellent location ( two blocks from the Zocalo) and room comfort I would recommend this hotel.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by zhengqiji
Several hundred TA reviews have been posted.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
Several hundred TA reviews have been posted.
Thanks, I've already checked TA but want to hear FTers'feedback :-)
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
I posted this review earlier in the year. Doubt it has changed much:

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn Centro. The hotel was fine, comfortable, clean, quiet and service was spot on. We had a suite for just over $100 a night ( plus taxes) which gave us two generous rooms and lots of space to spread out. Big windows ( sealed) allowed light to fill the room.

Two small things bring this review down from "excellent".
1. Breakfasts, while ample and free, were not great. The quality of food (especially the warm entrees) were poor and unappetizing.
2. Since we could not drink the tap water, bottled water should have been provided in the rooms and replaced every day. ( We got one bottle on our arrival and no more)

Otherwise....Because of it's excellent location ( two blocks from the Zocalo) and room comfort I would recommend this hotel.
Thanks. I think the location is good. I need to burn some HHonors points, but in US you can hardly find some good redemption. 10k for ~100 USD is not bad. May also burn some points at PEK DT. Otherwise, holding points for Bora Bora...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Thanks everybody for sharing the reviews.. Booked a 4 ngiht stay in January using 40k points. There aren't too many places to burn disHHonor.

Not expecting upgrade or any fancy treatment. For me, free breakfast is usually a bad sign (free = low quality), but looks like this HI has a decent breakfast.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Nanook
One hears so many horrible things about Mexico City. How was the area around the Hampton? Is Zona Rosa relatively safe?
Mexico City is actually one of my favourite in the world. Friendly people, fantastic food, vibrant nightlife, some beautiful neighbourhoods, lots of things to do nearby (if you can manage to get through the traffic).

Zona Rosa is (literally) the red light district, but is probably as safe as comparable places in the US or Europe. I might check out the HI on my next visit, but bearing in mind how reasonable everything is there I am often tempted to stay somewhere more upmarket (e.g. the St Regis just outside of the Zona Rosa).

Any tourists of Mexico at all concerned for their safety could always stay in swanky Polanco, but so long as you're in one of the central districts I can't see Mex being any worse than back home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.