Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed here last weekend.

Was upgraded to a corner room, which was large and really comfortable. Large bathroom with bath and shower.

Very comfortable bed.

Good quality free breakfast due to Diamond status.

Good friendly staff throughout.

Worth considering although not close to downtown Luton or the airport.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
BUMP - I'm here Sunday night, looks like a corner room is the way to go if upgraded......anybody had any recent stays?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I'm there probably twice a month!

The best two rooms are the pair on the second floor above the entrance / gym, at the point of the V shape of the hotel. I've never managed to pick those from the online checkin, only be given them if I checkin in person.

Otherwise, you've got rooms without a sofa and some with (those are the family rooms where you can book to have the sofa as another bed), rooms with showers and rooms with baths. I normally go for something on the second floor overlooking the inside courtyard

If you're eating, go for the specials menu if it's available that night, everything on it is generally excellent. Otherwise, the normal menu is fine!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I'm there probably twice a month!

The best two rooms are the pair on the second floor above the entrance / gym, at the point of the V shape of the hotel. I've never managed to pick those from the online checkin, only be given them if I checkin in person.

Otherwise, you've got rooms without a sofa and some with (those are the family rooms where you can book to have the sofa as another bed), rooms with showers and rooms with baths. I normally go for something on the second floor overlooking the inside courtyard

If you're eating, go for the specials menu if it's available that night, everything on it is generally excellent. Otherwise, the normal menu is fine!
Hey thanks mate, and thanks for the swift reply....... do the v shape rooms have baths and are they quiet ?....I'm aware it's always a bit of a punt on who the guests next door are but I'm thinking noisy air con , noise from gym etc?.......appreciate your thoughts.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The V corner rooms have both a bath and a shower if memory serves!

You'll only hear the gym if you're in the 2 rooms next to it on the 1st floor, I've never had issues with noise through the floors. There's a very slight traffic noise in all the rooms facing the road, but not usually enough to disturb except when they're doing roadworks (now I think finished)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:55 am

The V corner rooms have both a bath and a shower if memory serves!

You'll only hear the gym if you're in the 2 rooms next to it on the 1st floor, I've never had issues with noise through the floors. There's a very slight traffic noise in all the rooms facing the road, but not usually enough to disturb except when they're doing roadworks (now I think finished)
Many thanks again Gagravarr, I will certainly take your comments on board when checking in.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:49 pm

Here tomorrow night guys, booked queen guest room and done OLCI to a room on second floor as upgrades happen upon check in here as it appears, will do live report but arriving late and leaving at 5am to fly to Vienna , so not much time ....will see and will report back!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:33 pm

Arrived, booked been guest room and done OLCI to one on the second floor, except the feature rooms at the front there is Notts real upgrade too so I made sure to get one on top floor and quiet ( thanks for the tips guys! ) .
This is my first stay in a garden inn and I'm fairly impressed, arrived 8 -30pm, swift check in , two still waters given and a voucher for m car window ( I'm on a 8day park and fly ) ........ bar, coffee Shop and restaurant look nice...... had a look at gym just now ( didn't indulge ) two of everything, cross trainers, bikes etc, there is also some free weights and a pulley rack.
Room is ok, nothing amazing but comfy firm bed, huge shower, fridge and tea/cofffee tray...oh and a safe.
Gonna retire early tonight as I'm up at 4am to fly to Vienna........will report back!........
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:15 pm

.....bed comfy but noisy corridor outside room with excited people coming back from bar until late, also there is a family out on the courtyard, laughing, singing joking all night!.......need coffee!.
No breakfast for us due to early flight so won't be able to comment on that but will report back!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by wizla
.....bed comfy but noisy corridor outside room with excited people coming back from bar until late, also there is a family out on the courtyard, laughing, singing joking all night!.......need coffee!.
No breakfast for us due to early flight so won't be able to comment on that but will report back!
...shower acceptable, looks nice but not much power.....check out swift and cab waiting.....no issues.

CONCLUSION - not a lot to say really, any negatives was not the hotel's fault, would use again.

ROOM NO - 255

NEXT STAY - Hilton Vienna Danube ( I'm here now! )
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Since the last post in this thread is quite old, does anyone have any recent experience of this hotel?

Which would you rather stay at the night before a 6.30am flight - here or the Hampton? Is there an easy way to get there at that time - do the buses run that early?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:29 pm

I'm in the hotel right now! And was at the Hampton last night, so can compare Staff here remain friendly, a few of the rooms have been upgraded to the new prototype HGI style (mixed blessing...), internal common areas recently refurbished, the menu's pretty decent, and the breakfast is nice with several cooked-to-order bits to add to the buffet.

The hotel is a lot nicer than the Hampton, a lot better run, and unlike the Hampton you won't be awoken at 4am when the planes start flying over. (Who could have predicted that an airport hotel would need good soundproofing? Not the builders of the Hampton anyway...) The HGI is also, strangely, often a bit cheaper despite being nicer

The bus times between Stevenage - Hitchin - Hotel - Luton are at https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/herts-an...ection=inbound . First airport bus stops round the corner about 05:10, gets to the airport at 05:31. You'd probably want a taxi to be safe, IIRC most of the park-and-fly packages include return taxi trips, in case that helps

Otherwise, in terms of airline staff, the Hampton tends to have a fair number of Easyjet staff staying there (based on name badges shown), while the HGI has quite a lot of private jet crews, in case that helps/hinders your opinions!

Oh, and the HGI has a decent large local swimming pool a 10 minute walk away, and the better gym, in case you want a workout pre-flight
wizla and mickeyjaw like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:54 pm

I'm in the hotel right now! And was at the Hampton last night, so can compare Staff here remain friendly, a few of the rooms have been upgraded to the new prototype HGI style (mixed blessing...), internal common areas recently refurbished, the menu's pretty decent, and the breakfast is nice with several cooked-to-order bits to add to the buffet.

The hotel is a lot nicer than the Hampton, a lot better run, and unlike the Hampton you won't be awoken at 4am when the planes start flying over. (Who could have predicted that an airport hotel would need good soundproofing? Not the builders of the Hampton anyway...) The HGI is also, strangely, often a bit cheaper despite being nicer

The bus times between Stevenage - Hitchin - Hotel - Luton are at https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/herts-an...ection=inbound . First airport bus stops round the corner about 05:10, gets to the airport at 05:31. You'd probably want a taxi to be safe, IIRC most of the park-and-fly packages include return taxi trips, in case that helps

Otherwise, in terms of airline staff, the Hampton tends to have a fair number of Easyjet staff staying there (based on name badges shown), while the HGI has quite a lot of private jet crews, in case that helps/hinders your opinions!

Oh, and the HGI has a decent large local swimming pool a 10 minute walk away, and the better gym, in case you want a workout pre-flight
Had a look at the pool via google, looks nice but no mention of a sauna, do you know if it has one?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:14 am

I don't think they do, pool's website is https://www.activeluton.co.uk/inspire and it doesn't mention it
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Thanks everyone, have booked the Garden Inn and asked the front desk to arrange a taxi for the morning.

Looks like I'll be skipping the breakfast and having it at the airport or I might miss my flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.