Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Best Western Diamond, OW Emerald
Is there no reasonable award availability at this property anymore?

I’ve combed through all of 2019 and most of 2018 and can’t find any availability for less than 280,000 points a night. Even the Conrad Bora Bora has availability 9+ months out... what am I missing here? I would assume Hilton would not allow them to block all availability in the 80 to 95k points range.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdChambers
I’ve combed through all of 2019 and most of 2018 and can’t find any availability for less than 280,000 points a night. Even the Conrad Bora Bora has availability 9+ months out... what am I missing here? I would assume Hilton would not allow them to block all availability in the 80 to 95k points range.
Are you somehow looking only at the residences? I just randomly checked Jan 18, 2019 and see availability for 95,000 pts.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Best Western Diamond, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Are you somehow looking only at the residences? I just randomly checked Jan 18, 2019 and see availability for 95,000 pts.
Looks like that’s exactly what happened... I redid my search and see the availability you where referring to now.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:46 am

Anyone recently stay and recommend a nearby massage place/one that will do pick up? Or one that will come to the resort?

Looked into Elements (can't find any information on the massage and the Wiki link is dead) and Carnation (doesn't seem to exist anymore and Wiki link is also dead) but came up empty handed unless I've lost touch with my sleuthing skills..
Old May 14, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by reverted
Anyone recently stay and recommend a nearby massage place/one that will do pick up? Or one that will come to the resort?

Looked into Elements (can't find any information on the massage and the Wiki link is dead) and Carnation (doesn't seem to exist anymore and Wiki link is also dead) but came up empty handed unless I've lost touch with my sleuthing skills..
Tamarind Springs is wonderful and will pickup if you spend a nominal amount at the facility. A nice half-day excursion.

Updated the Wiki with that and some more info .

Last edited by NYCRachel; May 14, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Pier Construction

There's a warning up when booking about pier construction beginning May 18 potentially causing noise between 8 am and 6 pm. Not familiar with the layout here - how bad is this likely to be? Or even better - anyone there right now who can comment? Looking at spending a couple nights next week.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's a warning up when booking about pier construction beginning May 18 potentially causing noise between 8 am and 6 pm. Not familiar with the layout here - how bad is this likely to be? Or even better - anyone there right now who can comment? Looking at spending a couple nights next week.
I am currently here and have heard no sounds coming from the construction. Seems like the area is fenced out but no real work is happening. At least not yet. I didn't see any construction material in the area either.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Havek
I am currently here and have heard no sounds coming from the construction. Seems like the area is fenced out but no real work is happening. At least not yet. I didn't see any construction material in the area either.
Thanks. How close is it to the villas? Would you be concerned?
Old May 19, 2018, 10:04 am

It is night time here but I will try and take a couple of pics tomorrow to give you a better idea.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:35 pm

It is night time here but I will try and take a couple of pics tomorrow to give you a better idea.
Awesome, thank you. Hope you're enjoying your stay.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:18 am

New pier construction near villa 110, 111.
I did start hearing construction today. Mainly hammering and digging. Wasn't noticeable from the villas in the higher levels or the ones on the left or rightmost side. They told us they plan on finishing the pier in about a month.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:56 pm

Could be a bummer if you're in one of those. Definitely a concern booking an award, particularly as a no-longer Diamond.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:41 pm
pjs

I did start hearing construction today. Mainly hammering and digging. Wasn't noticeable from the villas in the higher levels or the ones on the left or rightmost side. They told us they plan on finishing the pier in about a month.
Thanks - will be there end of July. Any idea what the pier will be used for? I'm guessing it's for their boat trips to Ko Mat Sum?
Old May 20, 2018, 7:22 pm

They will use the pier for their boat excursions as their current pier will become unavailable soon. To be honest, I only heard the construction while having breakfast. Never heard it from our villas. But we started with 301 and upgraded the last day to 501. We definitely enjoyed our stay in CKS.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by osmantrex
Just booked five nights with HHonors points in July. Will be our first trip to a resort like this so my wife and I are pretty excited. She recently picked up the Aspire so we'll be going in with Diamond status over Gold, although I'm not really sure how much extra that will get us.

I'm assuming it's worth contacting the hotel beforehand to let them know about what we're celebrating?
We went there last year for our wedding anniversary and are doing it again for this year.

The hotel as very accommodating both before and during our stay. The room was made up in their "romantic setting" on our anniversary night while we were having Dinner at the Cellar. Petals everywhere, bubble bath run, swan towels on the bed etc.

Depending on what you are doing and how long you are there but if you plan on going to Jahn & The Cellar then the Hilton Premium Club/Hilton Dining Asia Pacific can be very worthwhile at the CKS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.